Terms of Reference
OnTrackMedia Indonesia (OTMI) is a local organization that specialises in public awareness campaigns and media consultancy with resources made of experienced journalists, experts and staffs that work to international standards. OTMI specialises in using creative campaign such as sinetron (soap operas), radio dramas and games, as well as more streamlined campaign like documentaries, training videos, media relations and journalism workshops to help people learn how to protect themselves and their communities.
OTMI mission is to educate the public about the dangers and problems that threaten their lives, livelihoods or environment through the use of media while its strategic vision remains steadfastly committed in producing carefully crafted campaigns focused on raising awareness and influencing behaviours and attitudes that promote well being and a culture of safety to the Indonesian Public. OTMI initiatives on anti human trafficking campaign were nominated as one of the world’s best practices in the 2006 US State Department’s Trafficking in Persons (TIP) report by the then Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.
Since its establishment in 2005, OTMI has provided services and partnered with CBAIC/USAID, British Embassy, British Council, European Union, UNICEF, UNFPA, World Bank, American Red Cross, Canadian Red Cross, United States Centers for Disease Control, United Nations Foundation, World Health Organization, ACILS/ICMC, Channel 4 (UK), Medco, CARITAS, IFRC, NDI, TIFA Foundation, Grand Challenges Canada, DFAT, National Scout Movement and The Ministry of National Education in providing public awareness campaigns to Indonesian public. Currently OTMI is looking for 1 (one) qualified :
Duty station: Jakarta
A. Responsibilities :
He/she is primarily responsible to prepare and manage all financial aspects of day-to-day operations of projects and office funds (including petty cash and bank payment, record in accounting system and maintain filling) of OTMI according to internal standards, expectations of local partners, and regulations of the Indonesian government.
· Process requests for payment, prepares check and disbursement vouchers on a timely basis
· Record all Official Receipts in the accounting software on a timely manner
· Support program and reporting staff in program financial reporting to donor including but not limited to: transaction categorization, preparation of back-up documentation, filing, reconciliation, generating reports from accounting software, data management in Excel, donor compliance etc.
· Act as a resource and an adviser to the program team on matters about finance, budgeting, standard costs and reporting
· Assist the program team in budget development and management
· Support field officers in basic accounting tasks, e.g. Management of cash fund, data input. This includes data input when deadlines have to be met.
· Maintain finance and accounting systems and procedures in accordance with corporate requirements and funder regulations.
· Ensure financial monitoring systems provide timely and relevant reports to support efficient, accountable implementation.
· Prepare monthly and quarterly forecasts.
· Prepare and report a monthly tax report (PPH 21 dan PPH 25)
· Manage cash flow and preparation of cash forecasts.
· Manage payroll for local staff, in a manner which is compliant with local employment and tax law.
· Zero Tolerance on bribery and corruption, and ensure due diligence is followed.
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience Qualifications:
n Bachelor Relevant formal qualifications Finance, Accountancy or other relevant qualification.
n At least 2 years’ relevant work experience
n Experiences in development project and/or organisations will be highly regarded
n Experiences in working with donor organisations will be an advantage
Other knowledge, additional competences:
n Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office
n Good analytical skills
n Good working knowledge of MYOB program
n Good management and organisation skills
n Good communication skills
n Confidential handling of information on staff and finances
n Good degree of proficiency in English
n Good sense of humour is a must
n Have the capacity to work both independently as well as in a team setting
n Willing to undertake field travel and work under demanding conditions
D. Contract Period
n Contract period of the Finance Officer is one year with three months probation period and could be extended thereafter.
Application should include a cover letter, CV (including three references), current salary, expected salary, available start date and contact number by 17 Mei 2015 at the latest.