National Short-term Social Media Consultant
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands nearly 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 38 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development. In Asia, SNV has country offices in Laos, Vietnam, Bhutan, Cambodia, Nepal, Indonesia and Bangladesh.
SNV is currently establishing a presence in Indonesia under the coordination of the Ministry of Home Affairs through the Directorate General of Regional Development. SNV and the Directorate General of Regional Development have agreed to implement a program of cooperation for 3 (three) years.
SNV is now seeking the services of a national consultant to develop a social media strategy and tools to support its presence in Indonesia on a short-term basis. The consultant will work alongside the Partnerships Manager and the Communications Officer.
2. Scope of Work
- Review SNV branding persona, communications strategy and existing communications outputs. Make recommendation on how to integrate Twitter content into other networks such as LinkedIn (.5 day)
- Review social media best practice examples from other similar NGOs in Indonesia (.5 day)
- Develop an initial draft social media strategy for Twitter (in English). Major stakeholder groups include donor agencies, government units throughout Indonesia, the business community including potential providers of goods, works, and services to the public sector, the media, and civil society organisations. The strategy should include, at minimum the following components:
- An exhaustive list of major topics or themes (in English and Bahasa Indonesia) consistent with the existing SNV branding persona and consistent with the specific projects and knowledge products that SNV wants to profile (1 day)
- A manageable number of social media objectives that can be verified with analytics and have specific, measurable and time-bound goals for both general audience and that also cover each of SNV’s four sectors (renewable energy, climate change, agriculture, sanitation) (.5 day)
- A one page summary of strategic market research information that addresses the following questions: What is the general target audience? What are the trends in social media behavior in Indonesia that SNV should know about? What should the social media/marketing persona be for SNV Indonesia in general, and for each of SNV Indonesia’s sectors? (.5 day)
- An exhaustive list of search keywords and tags (in Bahasa Indonesia and English, depending on effectiveness) covering each Agriculture, Sanitation and Renewable Energy sectors (.5 day)
- A manageable number of targeted recurring social media features such as Twitter follow campaigns, regular roundups, reviews, job board, featured publication, etc. (.5 day)
- A calendar of major holidays (e.g. Earth Day, World Toilet Day), conferences, donors’ events, and other major events related to SNV’s work into calendar (50th Anniversary, SNV Indonesia learning events/lunch seminars, SNV Indonesia launching new projects, etc.). Note: Some of this work is already started. Requires working closely with communications officer. (1 day)
- A calendar for monitoring and evaluation (via analytics) that is in line with the social media objectives, and mark days on Outlook calendars of communications staff (.5 days)
- List of organizations and persons to “follow” in Indonesia and regionally (1 day)
- A work plan for socializing social media editorial plan among staff (.5 day)
The assignment is to cover 1 person or company (Indonesian national).
4. Time schedule
For 36 days in total during the period from May 1 to July 31, 2015
5. Selection Criteria
- Native Bahasa Indonesia speaker and working proficiency in English
- Track record of achieving measurable results in social media marketing in Indonesia – for a client or personally
- Significant experience developing effective editorial calendars
- Significant experience in market research. Familiarity with international development donors and implementing partners, in particular renewable energy, sanitation, agriculture, climate change, is a plus.
Please submit your proposal (no more than 5 pages) including CV(s), a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and indicate cost by e-mail with “Short-term Social Media Consultant” in the subject line to: email@example.com not later than 8 May 2015.
Only short listed consultants will be contacted.