Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts. The focus of its systemic intervention in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact works to enable access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation.
The foundation is based in Zurich, Switzerland, and is active in 28 countries and has some 900 employees.
The SCPP is a large Public Private Partnership (“PPP”) in Indonesia which has started in January 2012. The Program is financed by the Swiss Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO, The Sustainable Trade Initiative IDH, the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, International Fund for Agriculture Development IFAD, MCA-Indonesia and five Private Sector Companies from the cocoa sector for the duration from 2012 – 2015. The Program works directly with 60,000 cocoa farming households in six Indonesian Provinces to improve farm productivity and livelihood conditions.
For our Sustainable Cocoa Production Program (SCPP) in Indonesia, we are looking for
Regional Program Manager - Sulawesi (RPM)
Begin of Employment : June 2015 or as agreed
Place of Duty : 2 persons – Makassar, Sulawesi - Indonesia.
The Regional Program Manager plays an important role in implementing the cocoa development program at Sulawesi regional level and supporting overall operation of program. Main responsibilities include:
- Leading and as program representatives and responsible of operational and implementation of SCPP program in one of Sulawesi Region;
- Overseeing and supervising Program Officers and Support Services Team in the region in terms of administration procedure and approval process;
- The Regional Manager will assume responsibility for all regional level activities, ensuring timely and effective delivery of activities and output based on quality management system as well as strengthening technical cooperation with local constituent, government and private partners;
- Building and maintaining partnership between implementing partners, government and other key stakeholders in the regional for development of SCPP Program;
- Providing monthly, quarterly and yearly plan and update (report) to Sr. Program Manager Sulawesi, Program Partners as required by program;
- Providing detailed budget plans of activities for the region in monthly and yearly basis.
Task, Authority, and Responsibility
- Under the direction of the Sr. Program Manager Sulawesi and close collaboration with other Core Leadership Team (CLT) and other stakeholders, to:
- Lead in the development and adaptation of implementation of cocoa farmer training component of Good Agriculture Practices and Technology Transfer Systems, Farmer Organization, Market Access and Cocoa Certification, Nutrition and Gender Sensitivity Integration, Integrated Agribusiness Financing and Co-operative Establishment and Stakeholder Management and Networking Platform;
- Providing overall direction and guidance for the implementation of all activities in the region;
- Providing management, technical and strategy advice to the Program Officers with close consultation with Sr. Program Manager Sulawesi;
- Manage the implementation of all Program components and conduct monitoring based on standard operating procedure and/or guideline);
- Ensure compliance with program gender strategy and policies in all component activity, planning and development;
- Conducting regular coordination and communication with stakeholders and private partners in collaboration with the Public Relation Unit and other relevant team;
- Supporting other Program activities according to the SCPP project management direction;
- Supporting the MRM and PR Team, in supervising quality data collection process and preparation of reports.;
Communication, Supervision, and Reporting
- Close coordination and communication with Private Partner Project Managers;
- Conduct regular monitoring of each area of project in coordination with private Project Managers and local government officers;
- Preparation of information and documents in English and Bahasa Indonesia for program development and evaluation;
- Report to the Sr. Program Manager on a monthly basis.
- University degree ( in Agriculture or Community Development) , preferably with post graduate qualification;
- Minimum of six years experiences (included two years on management level);
- Previous experience in managing project operation and at least 10 staff;
- An understanding on UTZ/Rainforest Alliance Certification process;
- Experience of writing narrative and financial report;
- Experience of planning and managing budget, risk mapping & Capacity Assessment on a local level;
- Understanding of opportunities and constraints for sustainable development;
- Demonstrated interest and experience in development of agricultural financing
- Proven teambuilding and problem solving skill
- Develop, maintain and encourage relationship with program stakeholders
- Strong sense of responsibility and control;
- Good interpersonal skills and commitment working in a team;
- Skills in computer and Microsoft Office applications;
- Presentation skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia;
- Excellent English skills written and verbal.
- Must have excellent quantitative and analytic skills;
- Must possess a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Superior organizational and time management skills are critical.
- Must have exceptional written and oral communications skills.
- Must demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically, both Bahasa Indonesia and English language.
- A proven and demonstrated level of experience developing and successfully advancing policy initiatives required
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on June1st, 2015 at the latest to:
Swisscontact, Human Resources Unit, The Vida Building, 5th floor, Jl. Raya Perjuangan No. 8, Kebon Jeruk – Jakarta Barat 11530 , Tél. +62 21 2951 0200
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews.