IFES is an international, nonprofit organization that supports the building of democratic societies.IFES promotes democratic stability by providing technical assistance and applying field-based research to the electoral cycle in countries around the world to enhance citizen participation and strengthen civil societies, governance and transparency. Founded in 1987 as a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization, IFES has developed and implemented comprehensive, collaborative democracy solutions in more than 120 countries.
Currently we are seeking Communication Coordinator to help project implementation in IFES Indonesia.
The Communication Coordinator will be responsible to coordinate and provide support for all IFES Indonesia communication activities to the internal and external partners.
Scope of Works :
· Act as a focal point for all IFES Indonesia communication related activities;
· Providing assistance regarding research for the organization, most specifically but not limited to the chief of party. The topics of the researches are about electoral issues specifically in Indonesia or in a more global context.
· Collecting data necessary for said researches from online and literature sources.
· Drafting and writing a preliminary findings report about the research data collected.
· Providing in-house briefings about the research data collected.
· Conducting reviews and edits on writings, comments, and reports produced in-house.
· Responsible for delivering substantial written contributions and edits to IFES reports (IFES Information email, Operational reports, publication materials, donor reporting and other reports);
· In close coordination with the program staff and support staff for managing the efficient flow of information and communications to ensure expeditious dissemination of information, timely action and compliance with established deadlines;
· Responsible for finding opportunities for sharing information within IFES Indonesia programs;
· Functioning as interpreter from English to Bahasa Indonesia (and vice versa) in standard electoral wording as assigned;
· Assisting with the translation of technical documents from Bahasa Indonesia to English (and vice versa) in standard electoral wording as required, including ensuring all external translation taken place is on track;
· Ensuring electoral glossary is up to date;
· Provide support for incoming and outgoing correspondence;
· Complete other duties as assigned.
- 2- 3 Years experience in International Development work;
- A university degree preferable in International Development or related field;
- Acquire knowledge of electoral systems, assistance and democracy development programs;
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both written and oral;
- Strong writing and communication skills;
- A high level of self-motivation and ability to work autonomously within a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
Interested candidates may send their application to:
email@example.com latest by 5 June 2015
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.