Provincial Manager (Papua)
The Australia Indonesia Partnership for Promoting Rural Income through Support for Markets in Agriculture (AIP-PRISMA) is an ambitious new rural development program which aims to contribute to a 30%, or more, increase in net incomes for 1,000,000 poor rural female and male farmers, 300,000 of which will be reached by June 2018. AIP-PRISMA is now hiring a provincial manager for Papua.
The role:Provincial Manager will be responsible to:
(1) Ensure the buy-in from the local and provincial governments on AIP PRISMA program and activities in their respective regions;
(2) Liaise and become the focal point between the provincial/local governments including members of parliament, advocacy stakeholders and AIP PRISMA for activities in the region;
(3) Provide inputs for intervention concept ideas/notes in the respective province particularly in regards with the critical constraints and opportunities to business enabling environment of the region;
(4) Support AIP PRISMA activities in the region by providing and updating critical information and advice on activities regarding the local situations particularly in relation with local governments and/or provincial governments as well as arranging meetings with the relevant stakeholders particularly local/provincial governments;
(5) Oversee all assigned interventions in their respective Province ensuring that all interventions are implemented on time and with the anticipated impacts;
(6) ensure the collection of secondary socio-economic data and reports specific to their province and ensure the preparation and regular update of area competitiveness strategies relevant to their provinces;
(7) Prepare, on a quarterly basis, provincial progress reports for management that highlight key intervention objectives, anticipated outreach for their program area, budget plans, intervention progress and updated risks and mitigation strategies.
The successful applicants will be able to demonstrate:
(1) Over 5 years “working knowledge” and experience in working with local governance or conversant with governance issues;
(2) Good understanding of private sector, if possible with private sector experience;
(3) Good understanding of competitiveness area or economics and the drivers of change;
(4) Excellent communication and relationship management skills;(5) Working experience in the program target area (Papua); (6) Existing network among public and private stakeholders in target area (Papua).Desirable criteria:
(1) Good command of English;
(2) Background in economics, public law, public administration, or political science.
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and put the advertised position title in the subject line by 14 March 2015 at the latest.
Due to the high number of responses, we will only be contacting candidates who are progressing to the next stage. This is a local/national position