Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts. The focus of its systemic intervention in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact works to enable access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation.
Swisscontact is active in 29 countries and has some 750 employees. The organization is based in Zurich.
The Swisscontact project is a large Public Private Partnership (“PPP”) in Indonesia which was established in January 2012. The Project is financed by the Swiss Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO, The Sustainable Trade Initiative IDH, the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, and five Private Sector Companies from the cocoa sector for the duration from 2012 – 2015. The Program works directly with 60,000 cocoa farming households in six Indonesian Provinces to improve farm productivity and livelihood conditions.
For our Sustainable Cocoa Production Program (SCPP) in Indonesia, we are looking for a
Program Officer Agri-Finance Facility
Begin of Employment : December 2014 or as agreed
Place of Duty : 1 person – Makassar
Program officer – AFF is responsible for the implementation for all aspects of the Agri-Finance Facility (AFF) component with support and collaboration with provincial/District Government, private partners and other stakeholders under the direction of SCPP Regional Program Manager and Agri-Finance and Cooperative RC Manager.
Task, Authority, and Responsibility
- Develop training material/module for farmer group/farmer organization/cooperatives;
- Conduct assessment in terms of access to finance for eligible farmer/farmers groups/cooperatives in the region in cooperation with other Program Officers;
- Train and assist Field Facilitator/Field Coordinator for the AFF implementation in collaboration with other PO’s;
- Provide technical assistance for strengthening and capacitating of farmer/farmer organization/cooperatives to be able access to finance;
- Provide methodology and SOP in terms of selection and strengthening of Business Service Provider (BSP) to be able provide services to the farmers/farmer groups/cooperatives;
- Establish linkages, approaches and coordinated with financial institution/bank to provide relevant and feasible product/credit scheme for farmers/farmer groups/cooperatives;
- Organize and facilitating workshops of related AFF component;
Communication, Supervision, and Reporting
- Under daily supervision of Regional Program Manager and close contact and consultation to Agri-Finance and Cooperative RC Manager;
- Provide weekly/monthly basis activity plan and reports to the Regional Program Manager and AFF Agri-Finance and Cooperative RC Manager;
- Working in close cooperation and coordination with banks, government agencies and private sector partners;
- Provide regular reports to the Regional Program Manager on related activities.
Duties applicable to all staff
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Program’s overall goals.
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Swisscontact code of conduct.
- Undertake any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the SCPP management.
Education/Qualifications Required Preferred
Bachelor/University/diploma degree majoring in Management or Economy, Accounting and other relevant studies.
Previous experience in Agri-Finance Project, Cooperative Development, and Livelihood
· Strong in facilitating/training skills
· Strong organizational, planning and management skills.
· Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality outputs on time.
· Good interpersonal skills and commitment to working in a team.
· Good in spoken and written English.
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on February 18th, 2015 at the latest to:
Swisscontact-SCPP, Human Resources Unit, The Vida Building, 5th floor, Jl. Raya Perjuangan No. 8, Kebon Jeruk – Jakarta Barat 11530 , Tél. +62 21 2951 0200
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews.