ISLAMIC RELIEF PURPOSE:
To promote sustainable economic and social development through development programmes, helping the needy regardless of race, religion or gender.
The IR programme in Indonesia was established in 2003 with one project office catering for development activities in Banten province. In 2004 IR expanded its coverage to include Aceh province targeting victims of the earthquake and the giant tsunami waves in the devastated Aceh province then in October 2009, IR expanded its coverage to include West Sumatra province also targeting victims of the earthquake and implementation of emergency disaster relief.
The main sectors for Indonesia Program disaster risk reduction, WASH, livelihood and orphan support. The geographical areas of operation are Aceh, NTB and West Sumatra provinces.
WASH Assistant (1 Position)
Post holder reports to : Area Coordinator
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coordinating with related stakeholders for providing potable water and CLTS programme orientation prior to implementation
2. Assisting coordination with and liaisons for government, communities and other stakeholders
3. Providing facilitation for focus group discussion, KAP surveys, lesson learnt, etc.
4. Monitor the drilling activity conducted by partner
5. Developing community outreach action plan and implementing CLTS and hygiene behavior change programme based on the project implementation plan and consultation with line managers
6. Providing supports and trainings of WMC and ODEC, workshop as necessary for adequacy of quality and quantity.
7. Assisting the WMC and ODEC to conduct regular sub village inspections for water scheme system and ODF
8. Ensuring the implementation HAP standards, Sphere standards in the project
9. Ensuring IR gender policy are part of the work carried out and ensuring women’s consultation and participation in activities
10. Other task as directed by the line manager
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
§ University degree in management, social science, environtment, health and other relevant studies.
§ Proven 1 years of WASH related experiences in an NGO.
§ Experiences in community outreach method: PRA, MPA-PHAST/CLTS
§ Good leadership, supervisory & management skill
§ Good writing and communication skill
§ Excellent knowledge of computer operation (Windows, Excel, Power Point)
§ Willing to undergo develop own capacity
§ Strong interest in development work with respect for confidentiality and commitment to Islamic Relief overall aims and objectives, including gender, equality and equal opportunities in all aspects of Islamic Relief’s work.
§ Be flexible in work directives from managers
§ Fluent spoken and written Indonesian is a must while proficiency in English language is highly desired
§ Sincere commitment to engaging women and involving gender consideration into project planning required
§ Islamic Relief is an equal opportunity employer and all recruitments are processed without any prejudice due to color, race, religion or gender. However, the successful candidate must understand and respect the Organization’s core values and adopt follow necessary guidelines for interaction with beneficiaries; particularly women and children.
All Islamic Relief team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field project
If you meet the above requirements kindly send ONLY your Application letter and detailed CV including recommendations from 3 referees (one of them your immediate former employer) to: email@example.com. Please put the job title and your name in subject of your email.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 3 March 2015