Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts. The focus of its systemic intervention in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact works to enable access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation.
The foundation is based in Zurich, Switzerland, and is active in 29 countries and has some 750 employees.
The SCPP is a large Public Private Partnership (“PPP”) in Indonesia which has started in January 2012. The Program is financed by the Swiss Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO, The Sustainable Trade Initiative IDH, the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, and five Private Sector Companies from the cocoa sector for the duration from 2012 – 2015. The Program works directly with 60,000 cocoa farming households in six Indonesian Provinces to improve farm productivity and livelihood conditions.
For our Swisscontact SCPP-Program in Indonesia, we are looking for an:
Monitoring Result Measurement (MRM) Officer
Begin of Employment : March 2015 or as agreed
Place of Duty : 1 person – Makassar, South Sulawesi.
Under direct supervision of SCPP Senior Program Manager for Sulawesi and in close coordination with Monitoring and Result Measurement (MRM) Manager of SCPP in Jakarta, the MRM Officer will be responsible for tracking program results, and applying SCPP’s MRM arrangements are in place and implemented in a timely manner.
Task, Authority, and Responsibility
- Undertakes regular review of log-frame and results chains and informs program staff on SCPP achievement, challenges and suggests improvements as necessary.
- Supports project staff in assuring the quality and coherence of information from Sumatra region.
- Develops monitoring plan based on SCPP’s key performance indicators and undertakes periodic field and desk review to validate data.
- Monitors data collection surveys such as baseline, post-line, and end line, and else.
- Ensures the quality of SCPP database, this may entail to undertake regular field visit to validate data, data cleaning activities, provide trainings for field facilitators on data collection, etc.
- Assists Database and MRM officer to properly manage SCPP’s database and prepares data set needed for reporting.
- Assists Senior Program Manager in drafting annual work plan.
- Drafts all reports for the regions and ensure means of verification collected in timely manner and properly archived.
- Works with technical experts and consultants for MRM and PR purposes.
- When necessary, undertakes research and analysis of information and data for SCPP.
- Collects and archives knowledge products, publications, and other materials.
- Manage relations with companies and individuals related to the implementation of the program’s MRM activities, such as data collection, studies, etc.;
- Support the superior to supervise data collection activities and ensure compliance with the standards expected by the program.
Communication, Supervision, and Reporting
- The MRM Officer is supervised by Senior Program Manager Sulawesi.
- The incumbent shall coordinate regularly with MRM Manager, Regional Manager, Program Officers and field staff to ensure data accuracy and validation.
- Provides regular update to the Senior Program Managers Sulawesi, Regional Manager, and Program Officers on progress towards targets and indicators;
- Coordinates with the PR and Media Manager to ensure accurate and up-to-date information is available for SCPP marketing purposes
This job description can be adjusted according to the development and new requirements of the project upon agreement of both parties.
Duties applicable to all staf
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Program’s goals.
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Swisscontact’s code of conduct.
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
Education/Qualifications Required Preferred
Bachelor's degree in Anthropology, Development Studies, Social Science, and Political Science
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in monitoring and evaluation, learning and knowledge management
- Experience with quantitative data management and database management
- Possess data analysis ability
- Ability to engage with key stakeholders and technical experts
- Experience working in inter-cultural teams and environments.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality outputs on time.
- Good interpersonal skills and commitment to working in a team.
- Some capacity in writing in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
Other Specific Requirements
- Strong proficiency in use of Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent spoken and written Bahasa Indonesia and English
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on 23 February 2015 at the latest to:
Swisscontact-SCPP, Human Resources Unit, The Vida Building, 5th floor, Jl. Raya Perjuangan No. 8, Kebon Jeruk – Jakarta Barat 11530 , Tél. +62 21 2951 0200
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews.