SOCIAL MARKETING OFFICER
HARD-WORKING, MOTIVATED, MULTILINGUAL TALENT WITH A PASSION FOR SOCIAL IMPACT? APPLY HERE.
Kopernik is an exciting, fast-growing, cutting-edge organisation tackling technology distribution challenges. We emphasise a hybrid philanthropy-business model in achieving our mission - different from the traditional charity approach of giving away goods and services for free.
Our team works tirelessly to put the last mile first. Our culture shapes the way we work. We value action, we get things done, we are open and transparent in everything we do, and we always look for ways to innovate. We come to work with a smile, which is easy when a strict no jerks policy applies.
The Social Marketing Officer will work with our team on the Wonder Women Eastern Indonesia program, making clean energy technologies available in remote communities through a network of (mainly) women micro-small entrepreneurs (MSEs). These MSEs sell life-changing technologies, such as water filters, cook stoves and solar lights, within their communities, earning a margin from each sale. Kopernik supplies technologies on consignment to these micro-entrepreneurs and provides a suite of training and support to help them succeed. Many Tech Kiosks and Tech Agents are based in remote areas with little or no access to telecommunications or internet. The Social Marketing Officer will build demand for Kopernik’s range of clean energy technologies (solar lights, water filters, clean cook stoves) by implementing a newly designed Social Marketing Strategy.
●Degree in a relevant discipline or long-term experience working in the commercial sector
●3-4 years experience in social marketing, marketing or behaviour change campaigns
●Able to implement and deliver a strong brand image to Kopernik’s technology end-users in underserved communities
●Able to develop creative and innovative solutions
●Loves problem-solving when faced with difficulties arising in implementing campaigns in rural areas, for low-income communities
●Current with latest theories / marketing strategies or behaviour change strategies used in Indonesia and other middle-income Asian countries
●Excellent communication skills in English and Indonesian
●Creative, with a strong visual sense
●Impact and data focused
●Willing to get hands dirty and spend a lot of time in the field
●Excellent management and organisational skills
●A commitment to Kopernik’s values in reaching underserved communities
●Implement the cook stove marketing campaign as detailed in the Social Marketing Strategy. The campaign for one technology will be trialled in two locations in NTT
● Once the trial is complete, manage production of the campaigns for solar lights and water filters
● Work with graphic designers, photographers, printers and other media producers, to procure quality promotional products
● Develop a system to measure the effectiveness of campaigns; ensure social marketing efforts are tested quickly and feedback is used to strengthen these efforts
● Design and manage promotional events such as in traditional markets, malls, or at major cultural events, and identify other opportunities for promotional events, which promote to different segmented audiences as per the Social Marketing Strategy
● Identify key influencers in the community, or well-known personalities who can promote the Kopernik brand
● Develop other creative promotional tools in line with the Social Marketing Strategy, for instance radio advertisements, social media buys, or short videos to be played by tech agents or tech kiosks
● Identify any other potential promotional / media products, identifying appropriate media / marketing channels for largely rural but also peri-urban and urban customers in Nusa Tenggara Timor
● Work with the program team to develop standard layout and promotional looks of the tech kiosks, which will comply with Kopernik brand guidelines
● Identify any further existing barriers to widespread adoption of clean energy technologies (focusing on solar lights, water filters and clean cook stoves) by target communities
APPLICATIONS CLOSE MARCH 8TH 2015
Please send your CV, cover letter and a one minute video explaining why you're perfect for the job via our online application form. http://kopernik.info/page/careers
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants who are interviewed successfully could be expected to complete a test which demonstrates the necessary skills.