Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts. The focus of its systemic intervention in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact works to enable access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation. Based in Zurich, Swisscontact is now active in 27 countries and has some 800employees.
The Sustainable Cocoa Production Program (SCPP) is a large Public Private Partnership (“PPP”) in Indonesia which was established in January 2012. The Project is financed by the Swiss Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO, The Sustainable Trade Initiative IDH, the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, the International Fund for Agriculture Development IFAD, and six Private Sector Companies from the cocoa sector for the duration from 2012 – 2015. The Program works directly with 60,000 cocoa farming households in six Indonesian Provinces to improve farm productivity and livelihood conditions.
Currently we are looking for a :
Public Relation and Media Manager (PR & Media) Manager
Begin of Employment : March 2015 or as agreed
Place of Duty : 1 person, Jakarta, Indonesia
SCPP intends to strengthen the current team by recruiting PR and Media Manager. The position responsible to manage the overall PR and Media works of SCPP and ensuring a good monitoring of Program’s visibility and conduct research to find out the expectations of stakeholders.
Task, Authority, and Responsibility
- Plan, develop and implement Communication and Marketing Strategy to achieve significant increases in brand awareness
- Prepare Annual Work Plan for the PR unit
- Develop compelling beneficiaries story in regular basis
- Cultivate relationships with key business journalists in national and global Medias and pitch stories to be published in the Medias.
- Achieve highest visibility for in print, broadcast, TV and online media outlets
- Identify media trends and news cycles related to the program
- Compile comprehensive information about the organization for the external stakeholders and media.
- Analyse and measure results of PR performance
- Draft effective press releases and prepare information for media kits
- In coordination with IT Unit, develop and maintain company internet web pages
- In coordination with the Research and Content Unit, develop content for communication materials related trainings, farmer organization and cooperative development such as posters, flipcharts, brochure, flyer, etc.
- Preparation of presentations, speeches and papers, etc.
Brand Awareness and Marketing:
- Identify main client groups and audiences and determine the best way to communicate publicity information to them
- Develop and maintain the company's corporate image and identity, which includes the use of logos and signage
- Manage special events such as program expose, exhibition or press-conference in order to gain public attention through the media
- Evaluate advertising and promotion programs for compatibility with public relations efforts.
- Together with Government Relation Officer, establish and maintain effective working relationships with National, Provincial and District level government officials and media representatives.
- Assign, supervise and review the activities of Public Relations Unit
- Draft speeches for company executives, and arrange interviews by press and other forms of contact for them.
- Manage public relations budgets.
- Manage and deliver in-house communication training for the employee
- Undertake media monitoring to measure Program’s visibility and aware of the trends especially in the Cocoa Sector
- Perform other duties assigned by line manager and Program Director.
Communication, Supervision, and Reporting
- Report to Sr. MRM & PR Manager while coordinating regularly with program implementation team
- Support Sr. Program Managers
- Coordinate with the research and Content unit to ensure accurate and up-to-date information is available for Program implementation purposes such as Training Manual, public presentations, case studies, articles and other publication materials
- Coordinate with Government Relation Officer to ensure data source required from government agencies are obtained and prepared for Program needs
- Coordinate with Human Resource Manager for internal communication media prepared for the staff.
Duties applicable to all staff
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Program’s goals.
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Swisscontact’s code of conduct.
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
Bachelor or Masters degree in Public Relation, communication or journalism or advertising and marketing from an accredited academic institution
- At least 5 years or more of professional work experience in public relations.
- Experiences working with International NGO in agriculture related project/programs is a plus
- Proven successes in both traditional and interactive PR channels
- Experience in developing and implementing corporate PR strategy
- Experience in working and/or liaising with the communities and various partners, and finance institutions
- Experience working with International Donors, National/Local Government & Ministries/AgenciesExcellent relationship with national and regional media
- Excellent writing skill (writing samples required upon receipt of resume)
- Established relationships with press communities
- Knowledge of international publications and opportunities is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated ability to effectively interact and collaborate with people/stakeholders
- Good in personal organization, planning and priority setting. Excellent at taking initiatives, focused and result oriented
- Strong attention to detail and to maintaining a high quality standard
- Demonstrated flexibility and capable of managing a variety of tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong proficiency in use of Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency in digital and social media management
- Excellent spoken and in written Bahasa Indonesia and English
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on March 01st , 2015 at the latest to:
Swisscontact, Human Resources Unit, The Vida Building, 5th floor, Jl. Raya Perjuangan No. 8, Kebon Jeruk – Jakarta Barat 11530 , Tél. +62 21 2951 0200
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews.