CARE International Indonesia (CII), as an international NGO, has carried out large scale operations in Indonesia, encompassing emergency operations, transitional activities centered on agriculture and nutrition and a range of development initiatives in such areas as water and sanitation, health and enterprise & economic development.
CARE International Indonesia in Kupang (East Nusa Tenggara-NTT) is currently recruiting the following position for its project:
MARKETING and COMMUNICATION SPECIALIST
CARE is a global confederation of 14 members organizations working together to end poverty. In 2012, CARE worked in 84 countries around the world, supporting 997 projects and reaching more than 83 million people. CARE has operated in Indonesia since 1967 under a Memorandum of Understanding with the Indonesia Ministry of Home Affairs. Beginning with food distribution, CARE activities have expanded into a wide range of programming from disaster risk management and emergency response to economic development with a focus on women and girls.
CARE International Indonesia (CII) implements a 2.5-year agricultural value chain strengthening. The project called “ADVANCE Project” or “Adding Value on Community Economic Activity Project” or the “Project”. The Project is executed in Kupang and Kabupaten Kupang of Nusa Tenggara Province. To date the Project has been running for six (6) months and will end in March 2016.
As per project design, a presence of Marketing and Communication Specialist expertise is required to facilitate the capacity development, connection and partnership among the value chain stakeholders targeted in the project. It is aimed to initiate sustainable value chain starting from the beginning of project implementation.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
1. Identify and analyze the marketing chains of pigs and pork in Kupang City and Kupang District.
2. Intermediate social and commercial linkage between farmer and buyer such as: middle agent/collector, meat slaughter, traditional market, restaurant, hotel, catering, food processing/home industry, and or final consumer.
3. Recommend a suitable and equitable marketing system on pigs and pork in Kupang City and Kupang District, including strategist and facilitate capacity building to the actors in the recommended marketing system.
4. Identify, analyze and facilitate capacity building to the potential financial service providers as needed to support thetraditional pig farmers for link and access to finance (savings, lending and transfer).
5. Recommend and ensure application business cooperation system that could provides mutual benefit to all parties (farmer s, suppliers, financial providers, buyers and governments).
6. Develop, maintain and strengthen relationship between project beneficiaries and government, and strategist advocacy for enabling more support to sustainable value chain.
7. Promote and strategist lesson learned dissemination through IEC publications, networking, workshop, public meeting and or any relevance media utilization, whichever is applicable.
8. Conduct any other duties that may reasonably be assigned in line with the position.
· Good interpersonal skills, including patience, willingness to listen and respect for beneficiaries and all stakeholders
· Trust worthy, self motivated and able to take initiative under minimum supervision, able to work independently as well as a part of a team in a cross cultural environment
· Able to work under pressure and be exposed in a cultural-sensitive environment
· Understand local language (NTT Province) is added value
· Fluent in English (verbal and written).
TERMS OF OFFER
CARE is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package, and a collegial working environment, and women candidates are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above positions, and detailed curriculum vitae, with names and addresses of three referees (including telephone, fax numbers and email address). Please DO NOT attached academic transcripts and Diplomas and state clearly the applied position code in the email subject.
Please submit your applications before February 24, 2015 to CARE International Indonesia, Human Resources Unit:
"Only qualified applicants will be shortlisted"