INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) SPECIALIST
The ASEAN-U.S. Partnership for Good Governance, Equitable and Sustainable Development and Security (PROGRESS) project gives the United States a new opportunity to support ASEAN in its efforts to promote regional integration in the areas of good governance, security, and human development. PROGRESS will not only help ASEAN lay the groundwork necessary to achieve its vision by 2020, but will also fortify cooperation between ASEAN and the United States.
The Information Technology (IT) Specialist is responsible for the IT needs of the project, including system installations, maintenance, support and technical consultations to clients. S/He is responsible for ensuring that standards set by the DAI home office are followed and project solutions are the most efficient and cost effective. Responsibilities also include assisting in the setup, maintenance and troubleshooting of the LAN (Local Area Networks) at the project office. Responsible for the setup, maintenance and troubleshooting of client computers and peripherals such as printers and scanners. S/He will ensure that proper back up, anti-virus and disaster recovery procedures are identified and followed and that end users have access to shared files, printers and to email. Ideal candidates will show an interest and capacity to provide project activity support to the program in addition to the core duties outlined below.
3. Objectives and Duties:
· Local network maintenance and installation including cabling, switches/hubs and configuration TCP/IP, NAT, TCP/IP printing, windows network and domain services on TCP/IP;
· WAN connectivity and maintenance (Internet connection and services);
· Server and server application maintenance and installation (Hardware integration, server installation and maintenance, LAN and WAN connectivity, Lotus Domino and messaging system, FTP services, Symantec Antivirus Protection Corporate edition installation and maintenance;
· Client computer hardware and application installation and configuration, maintenance: Laptops, Desktops, MS Windows XP, MS Office Pro, Lotus Notes and other mail clients, Symantec AV and other project software; Manage all software;
· Properly maintain all computer and multimedia equipment in the project office;
· Quickly respond to problems or interruptions in network access;
· User support; Help project staff with computer-related problems, requests, or questions;
· Resolve problems with the network connection caused by factors outside the office space;
· Check systems in order to optimize performance and to initiate recovery action after system failures;
· Stay on-call when out of the office to help staff with problems or questions related to the network;
· Maintain communications with the Home Office to resolve problems;
· Maintain email accounts, email lists, and shared folder access for all staff and confidentiality of all passwords and other restricted information;
· Make suggestions for network hardware and software system improvements;
· Assist with the maintenance of effective inventory of IT and communication equipment;
· Provide assistance in procurement and evaluation of all IT technical equipment;
· As applicable, conduct IT assessments of beneficiary organizations per DAI procedures, prepare assessment reports and propose required hardware/software;
· Work with DAI ICT specialists to propose new and innovative tools for data collection, management, visualization, sharing, and analysis and support these processes;
· In collaboration with the Communications, M&E, and program staff, ensure utility of data by customizing cloud-based dashboards, maps, and visualization tools that enable sharing and decision-making;
· Other duties as assigned by the Finance and Operations Manager
The IT Specialist will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia. S/He will report to the Finance & Operations Manager.
· Expertise in Lotus/IBM Notes;
· Experience setting up IT networks;
· Experience providing IT support to international NGOs or donor-funded projects is preferable;
· Four-year degree in IT or related field;
· Strong communication skills desired;
· Experience managing and manipulating data preferred;
· English proficiency required
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete CV with three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 10, 2015 at 05:00 PM Jakarta Local Time. Immediate Need: Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Applicants must indicate the position for which they are applying in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.