Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund (ASB) is one of Germany’s oldest and largest social welfare organisations with over 200 offices and a membership of 1.2 million. ASB has been working in Indonesia in partnership with the Indonesian Ministry of Home Affairs since 2006.
ASB’s work focuses on community empowerment to build resilience and self-reliance through an inclusive whole-of-community approach. The provision of technical assistance to government implementing partners is also a core focus of our work. ASB’s Indonesia Office is an innovator in the delivery of large-scale community and school-based DRR projects and is a co-founder of the DiDRRN network. The office is actively engaged at the policy level regionally and internationally with a particular focus on ensuring inclusion post-HFA.
As part of an initial recruitment process, ASB is currently seeking expressions of interest from qualified and committed individuals for the following position:
Organisational & Capacity Development Coordinator
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia, with frequent national and international travel
Duration: 12 months (including 3 month probation period)
Vacancy: National position
Salary: ASB offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience
Closing: 24 February 2015
Summary of job profile:
The Organizational and Capacity Development Coordinator will take a lead role in the design, delivery and implementation of Organizational and Capacity Development assessments, plan(s), implementation and reporting for ASB Indonesia and regional components. A particular focus of the role will be supporting and strengthening organizational and technical capacity of local partners and stakeholders alongside ASB staff. This position will work closely with ASB programme staff and partner organizations to ensure that organizational and capacity development planning and implementation, and overall programs are inclusive, participatory, accessible, support both horizontal and vertical accountability and are in line with donor, ASB and government requirements.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience with a demonstrable track record of success.
- Advanced qualification in capacity development, organizational development, international development, community development, program management or related field.
- Proven experience in design and implementation of organizational and capacity development plans.
- Experience in building capacity, mentoring and training.
- Experience in program design an advantage.
- Experience in one or more program fields of: Disaster Risk Reduction, Disaster Risk Management, Resilience, Climate Change Adaption, Sustainable Livelihoods and inclusive development an advantage.
- Experience in utilizing participatory development approaches.
- Experience in the Philippines an asset.
- High level report writing skills.
- Good communicator.
- Fluent written and spoken English and Indonesian required.
- Willingness to travel overseas required.
- Willingness to work in a team.
- Experience with PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Experience in working with civil society organizations and in strengthening their capacities an asset.
- A commitment to working in partnership.
- A creative, critical, enquiring and flexible mind that is good at problem solving.
- Enthusiasm, energy and an innate desire to better oneself and to improve the work of those around you.
- Good cross-cultural understanding including experience working in multi-cultural teams and programs.
ASB is an equal opportunities employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please read the following carefully:
Qualified applicants should send: a) application letter outlining your interest b) curriculum vitae max: 2 pages clearly describing your relevant qualifications and experience c) 2 referees’ contact details.
Applications to Ms Artini: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: PHL1401_OCD
NOTE: A failure to follow the above application format will result in applications being disregarded.