Islamic Relief Indonesia seeks a self-motivated, serious and career oriented professional who is eager to grow with the organization and sensitive to the humanitarian cause and core values of Islamic Relief.
ISLAMIC RELIEF PURPOSE:
To promote sustainable economic and social development through development programmes, helping the needy regardless of race, religion or gender.
Islamic Relief is a UK based charity that seeks to alleviate the sufferings of the world’s poorest people. The Indonesia programme was established in 2003 to deliver emergency relief and developmental activity in disaster prone and impoverished areas. Since then the agency implemented multi - sectoral programme in Banda Aceh, Banten, West Java, Jogjakarta, NTB and West Sumatera.
Presently IR is implementing a child welfare programme in Aceh and rolling out an integrated sustainable development programme in NTB. The Indonesia programme is managed by Jakarta based country office that provides administrative, programmatic and financial oversight to the field offices.
JOB TITLE: Security Guard
REPORTING LINES: Admin and Logistic Officer
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Patrol office premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
2. Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
3. Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
4. Under supervisor approval, call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
5. Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.
6. Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours or when switchboard is closed.
7. Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary.
8. Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas.
9. Escort or driver to transport individuals to specified locations and to provide personal protection.
10. Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment, and machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering.
11. Drive and guard armored vehicle to transport money and valuables to prevent theft and ensure safe delivery.
12. Monitor and adjust controls that regulate building systems, such as air conditioning, furnace, or boiler.
13. Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- At least 2 years work experience in a similar job
- At least Senior High school graduated
- Police security basic training is demanded
- Basic English is an advantage
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in bahasa Indonesia and cross-cultural environment
- Proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations
- Capacity to work under time pressure and sometimes extra hours
- High level of motivation
- Attention to detail and the ability to be systematic and organized
- Takes a proactive approach to handle the jobs
- Actively establishes and maintains high standards
- Ability to work independently and team with reasonable skills at prioritization
- Willingness to learn and accept guidance for personal improvement
- Commitment to Islamic Relief aims, beliefs and objectives
All Islamic Relief team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field project
If you meet the above requirements kindly send ONLY your Application letter and detailed CV including recommendations from 3 referees (one of them your immediate former employer) to:email@example.com. Please put the job title and your name in subject of your email.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 20 February 2015