Management Systems International (MSI)
Strengthening Integrity and Accountability Program-1 (SIAP-1), Jakarta, Indonesia
Position: IT Support
Duration: Full time or half time staff position
The objective of SIAP-1 is to contribute to good governance in Indonesia by strengthening integrity and accountability in government – principally at the national level. It does this by supporting governmental and non-governmental efforts to strengthen integrity and accountability. Two major components of SIAP-1 are:
1. Supporting efforts by key accountability agencies such as the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) and the Supreme Audit Body (BPK) to strengthen integrity and accountability in government.
2. Supporting efforts to strengthen political integrity and accountability by reducing the influence of “money politics.” This includes support for efforts to strengthen the fair regulation of political finance and effective oversight and enforcement.
IT technical support monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks, install and configure computer systems, diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person.
He/She responsible for the smooth running of network and computer systems in the MSI-SIAP 1 Office in Jakarta.
· installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
· monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
· installing printer drivers on staff computer systems;
· talking staff through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues;
· troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults;
· replacing parts as required;
· troubleshoot and fix all IT related issues;
· following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
· supporting the roll-out of new applications;
· setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
· responding within agreed time limits to call-outs;
· working continuously on a task until completed (or referral to third parties, if appropriate);
· review the current IT system and make needed recommendations for change, as needed;
· prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time;
· rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, e.g., software developers;
· take computer equipment to service center for repairs, as needed;
· testing and evaluating new technology;
· providing recommendation on backup systems;
· assisting with issues on Share Point systems;
· ensuring that shared drives are working properly;
· interact with government IT offices, as needed;
· interact with program IT service provider in order to get the best quality and service from the existing service agreement;
· provide recommendation for IT service provider upgrade, as needed;
· ensuring that all program material is being saved on a fail backup system;
· provide assistance in finding new vendors in Jakarta for IT needs of project staff;
· Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment; and
· Other relevant IT support tasks and responsibilities.
· Bachelor degree in IT or computer science
• Must have good oral and written English
• Must be at professional level for Outlook
• Experience working in SharePoint sites, highly desirable
• Must understand various computer software, operating systems and network
• Must be able to problem solve, and able to prioritize the work load
• Must have good attention to detail
• Must have excellent listening skills
• Must be able to verbally explain the IT problem(s) and explain the potential solution(s)
Must provide at least three (3) references (name, telephone number and email) who will be contacted by SIAP 1 staff for a complete reference check. Please provide information on desired salary and potential start date.
Send applications indicating ‘IT Support’ as the subject of your email addressed to email@example.com by March 7th, 2014 at the latest.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.