PROGRAM ASSOCIATE (BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT)
HARD-WORKING, MOTIVATED, MULTILINGUAL TALENT WITH A PASSION FOR SOCIAL IMPACT? APPLY HERE.
Kopernik is an exciting, fast-growing, cutting-edge organisation tackling technology distribution challenges. We emphasise a hybrid philanthropy-business model in achieving our mission - different from the traditional charity approach of giving away goods and services for free.
Our team works tirelessly to put the last mile first. Our culture shapes the way we work. We value action, we get things done, we are open and transparent in everything we do, and we always look for ways to innovate. We come to work with a smile, which is easy when a strict no jerks policy applies.
The role will work with our team on the Wonder Women Indonesia program, making clean energy technologies available in remote communities through a network of Tech Agents. Tech Agents are local women entrepreneurs who sell life-changing technologies, such as water filters, cookstoves and solar lights, within their communities, earning a margin from each sale.
The Program Associate (Business Development) will provide a range of services to support and guide Tech Agents through various stages of development, so that they become more effective in managing their businesses and expanding the distribution of clean energy technologies.
- Qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Excellent communication skills.
- At least 2 years prior work experience on women’s empowerment programs, business development or community development.
- Experience in organising and delivering training.
- Computer skills.
- Strong teamwork and motivational skills and ability to build rapport with women micro-entrepreneurs.
- A can-do and collaborative mind set – comfortable with the ambiguities and demands of a rapidly evolving work environment.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- High energy levels.
- A commitment to Kopernik’s values and reaching underserved communities.
- Willingness to travel.
- Work with the team to implement and monitor program activities in line with workplan.
- Develop and maintains good relations with the donor local government, local partners, community leaders, community members, media and other community figures.
- Develop relations and cooperation with new potential partners to reach program’s target.
- Implement a recruitment plan for women micro-entrepreneurs (Tech Agents).
- Assist with conducting due diligence on micro-entrepreneurs and assess suitability to join the program.
- Assist with conducting needs assessments of each micro-entrepreneur and assist in developing mentoring action plans based on these.
- Assist with the development of business plans with each micro-entrepreneur.
- Assist micro-entrepreneurs and advise them on areas for improvement, such as financial management, record keeping, marketing, and how to increase sales.
- Work alongside the program team to refine and deliver business development training to micro-entrepreneurs - training will be group based as well as one-on-one as needed.
- Monitor the progress of each micro-entrepreneur, identify further training and business development needs and provide additional support as required.
- Develop and agree on sales and growth targets with each micro-entrepreneur.
- Work with the program team to collect, analyse and report data on sales and targets.
- Provide weekly update, regular reports including updating database, materials for blog posts and reports of the project including good qualities photos and videos.
- Undertake other tasks required by Kopernik management staff.
HOW TO APPLY :
Please send your CV, cover letter and one minute video explaining why you're perfect for the job via our online application form -https://kopernik.info/civicrm/vacancy/apply?reset=1&id=4
Applicants who are interviewed successfully will be expected to complete a test which demonstrates the necessary skills
North Aceh, Bojonegoro, Tuban (3 positions)
APPLICATION DEADLINE :
Wednesday, February 18, 2015