The Asia Foundation urgently need experienced candidates for our E2J Program Officer position.
Kindly find below detail for your further reference.
: E2J Program Support Officer
: Jakarta, Indonesia
Job Type and duration of contract
: Full-Time, 6 month contract period
: March 6, 2015
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Support Officer will be responsible for assisting the Chief of Party in implementing technical assistance and institutional capacity development efforts in support of developing and strengthening law school clinics, and civil society organization (CSO) capacity building. S/he will work cooperatively with other E2J staff and experts in developing partnerships between partner university law faculties and formal justice sector institutions and between university law faculties and CSOs; in report writing; in law school curriculum development; in capacity strengthening and development of CSOs, in professional development for law lecturers and CSO professionals, and in strengthening the legal education in Indonesia generally.
The Program Support Officer will work closely with all members of the E2J Team. Since E2J is focusing on synergies and sustainability at this stage of the project, the approach of the position will require cross-cutting collaboration within the E2J Team, within The Asia Foundation Office and its other rule of law programs, and with our external partners.
· Minimum of three years of progressively responsible implementation and management experience in an international development environment, with a strong background or specialization in higher education or civil society and formal justice institutional development within the justice sector.
· Prior experience with USAID-funded projects preferred.
· Advanced degree in law or related field, political science, international relations or development studies preferred.
· Written and verbal fluency in English preferred.
· In-depth knowledge and understanding of Bahasa Indonesia required.
· Strong inter-personal and communication skills preferred.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team an asset.
· Attention to detail, the ability to multitask, and organized work practices an asset.
· Team-building and networking skills are an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject heading E2J Program Support Officer by March 6, 2015. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.