Plan is an international humanitarian, child-focused development organization without religious, political or governmental affiliation. Plan’s vision is a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people’s rights and dignity.Plan Indonesia started to operate in Indonesia on 1969.
Due to organizational new structure, Plan Indonesia is looking for a dynamic Indonesian national to fill the position of
TVET(Technical Vocational and Education Training) Specialist ( Jakarta Based)
Dimensions of Role:
· The TVET Specialist will report to : YEE (Youth Economic Empowerment) Advisor
· The TVET Specialist will work full time .
· The position will ensure all the TVET program achievement meet the target as stated in program design as well as Plan country strategy program
· The position will provide technical assistance and advice including technical report support on TVET Program
· The position will ensure the quality of TVET program meet the program expectation
· The position will also support the YEE advisor in the area of TVET including develop the networking with stakeholders in this area.
· As a subject matter expert of Plan TVET
· Staff who report to this position: none
· Project Budget managed by this position: none
· Provide critical technical input into the strategy, design, indicators through Country Programs and Projects and detailed implementation plan ofYouth Economic Empowerment Technical Vocational and Education Training (YEE – TVET) program
· Develop and review program implementation guidelines, tools, modules for TVET program
· Monitor TVET program quality and ensure the program achieve its goal and objective
· Alert PU(Program Unit) technical staff, PUMs (Program Unit Managers), Project Manager as to any problems with program quality or variations from program strategy
· Provide input to the development of program planning in any level of Plan program (Program Unit and Country Office)
· Contribute to the development of grant proposals to donors
· Actively involve in reviewing the report
· Advise PU/Grant technical staff, PUMs, Program/Project Manager on ways to improve program quality
· Train (or arrange training) for technical staff at the PU and CO (Country Office) level as required in coordination with Human Resource (HR) department
· Take part in the recruitment of staff in area of expertise.
· Support continuous learning of technical staff through workshops, seminars and conferences.
· Document learning in program and best practices
· Share learning and best practices and insure that they are incorporated into future work
· Help to develop and oversee ToRs (Term of Refferences) for research and evaluation in sector.
· Ensure you are up to date with current trends and thinking in the sector globally and within Indonesia
· Conduct continuous search for innovation and improved learning program practices within and outside Plan Indonesia to pursue continuous program improvement
Networking and advocacy
· Networking and coordination with others involved in the sector
· Support advocacy activities at district and provincial level,
· Advocate at national level where needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviours, and Experience Required:
Education: Minimum bachelor degree in related field (education, economics, management, social development, psychology and any other related field).
Knowledge and Skill:
- Good understanding and knowledge in technical vocational and education training program,
- Standard competency based in training program, life skills training and knowledge of gender issue,
- Good understanding on youth employment issues ,
- Strong in strategic planning and evaluating skills,
- Strong analytical skills,
- Good command of oral and written communications in Bahasa and English including writing the report,
- Good communication, facilitation and negotiation skill
Attitude: High integrity, loyal, show leadership and participatory, commitment to community development, commitment to area of expertise
Experience: At least four (4) years of work experience in Technical Vocational Education Training (TVET) program at different responsibilities or has similar work experience. Experienced in inclusive approach programming, youth training development program, and working at private sector industry are plus points.
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews. Please submit your letter of application and detailed curriculum vitae in English by email not later than, March 15, 2015 to:HRD.Indonesia@plan-international.org
Please fill the 'subject' column of the e-mails in this format: (The Position)–(Your Name). File attachment not later than 1MB.