Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund (ASB) is one of Germany’s oldest and largest social welfare organisations with over 200 offices and a membership of 1.2 million. ASB has been working in Indonesia in partnership with the Indonesian Ministry of Home Affairs since 2006.
ASB has been working in Indonesia since 2006 and under a Memorandum of Understanding (M0U) with the Indonesian Ministry of Home Affairs since 2007 focusing on resilience and inclusion. ASB is currently developing a Philippines program that will start in early 2015. It will be a partner-implemented program with a core focus on community resilience building following Typhoon Haiyan. To establish and implement this program a team are being formed that will manage the program from the ASB Indonesia country office in Yogyakarta.
As part of the Indonesian and Philippines program ASB is seeking expressions of interest from qualified and committed individuals for the following position:
Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia, with frequent national and international travel
Duration: 12 months
Vacancy: National position
Salary: ASB offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience
Closing: 24 February 2015
Summary of job profile:
The Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator will take a lead role in the design, management and implementation of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning framework(s), plan(s) and reporting for the ASB Philippines and Indonesian programs. They will also support capacity development in the area of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning for ASB staff, partners and other stakeholders as required. This position will work closely with ASB program staff and partner organizations to ensure that M&E planning and implementation are inclusive, participatory, accessible, support both horizontal and vertical accountability and are in line with donor, ASB and government requirements.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience with a demonstrable track record of success.
- Advanced qualification in evaluation, international development, program management or related field.
- Proven experience in design and implementation of monitoring, evaluation and learning plans.
- Experience in program design an advantage.
- Experience in one or more program fields of: Disaster Risk Reduction, Disaster Risk Management, Resilience, Climate Change Adaption, Sustainable Livelihoods and inclusive development an advantage.
- Experience in the Philippines an asset.
- High level report writing skills.
- Good communicator.
- Fluent written and spoken English and Indonesian required.
- Willingness to travel overseas required.
- Willingness to work in a team.
- Experience with PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Experience in data collection and analysis.
- Experience in facilitating learning and capacity development processes and training is an asset.
- Experience in working with civil society organizations and in strengthening their capacities an asset.
- A commitment to working in partnership
- A creative, critical, enquiring and flexible mind that is good at problem solving.
- Enthusiasm, energy and an innate desire to better oneself and to improve the work of those around you.
- Good cross-cultural understanding including experience working in multi-cultural teams and programs.
ASB is an equal opportunities employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Please read the following carefully:
Qualified applicants should send: a) application letter outlining your interest b) curriculum vitae max: 2 pages clearly describing your relevant qualifications and experience c) 2 referees’ contact details.
Applications to Ms Artini: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: PHL1401_MEC
NOTE: A failure to follow the above application format will result in applications being disregarded.