Millennium Challenge Account - Indonesia (MCA-Indonesia) is a trustee institution that represents the Government of Indonesia to implement a five-year (2013-2018) Millennium Challenge Corporation's Compact Program, a major pillar of the United States-Indonesia Comprehensive Partnership and the largest single pledge made by the United States to Indonesia to date.
MCA-Indonesia has three projects under Compact Program: Green Prosperity, Community-based Health and Nutrition to Reduce Stunting and Procurement Modernization. Our projects are designed, managed and implemented by Indonesians, for the Indonesian people. Our most important development work happens where it should be: the districts and the villages.
Our goal is to reduce poverty through economic growth. Our program is country-driven, reform-centered, and results-focused in order to maximize its effectiveness and long-term sustainability.
To reach the goal, MCA-Indonesia is seeking highly dynamic and deliverable-oriented professionals for a better Indonesia :
Associate Director, Commercial Renewable Energy
The Associate Director for Commercial Renewable Energy will be responsible for the establishment and implementation of the Green Prosperity Facility (GP Facility), specifically the Co-Financing Renewable Energy Window with approximately US$ 100 million in grant funding. The Co-financing Grants are intended to support commercial, private RE (Independent Power Producers) investment in grid-connected projects, leveraging equity and bank lending in the sector.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Under the supervision of GP Project Director, leads the preparation and implementation of the RE Co-financing Grant cycle; covering grant structure, call for proposal (CfP), selection criteria, Grant agreement, Grant disbursement and monitoring.
· Cooperate and coordinate with external parties (PLN, MEMR, Power/RE associations, banks, local government, etc) throughout the RE Co-financing Grant cycle to ensure that project proponents obtain necessary permits and Power Purchase Agreements (PPA) and achieve financial close and other relevant conditions of grant agreements.
· Involves in Grant Operations Manual(s) preparation that outlines relevant policies and procedures for implementing the GP Facility.
· Supervises Commercial RE manager(s) and consultant(s) to achieve Commercial RE goals.
· Collaborates with MCA-Indonesia cross cutting team (Environmental and Social Performance, Social & Gender, Monitoring and Evaluation and Chief Economist), Program Management Consultant, Grant Administrative Support Team, and other related parties throughout the RE Co-financing Grant cycle.
Find us here for more details: