Hivos is a Dutch non-governmental organization guided by humanist values. It aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong focus on civil society building and sustainable economic development. Hivos provides financial support for local NGO's, is active in networking, lobbying and exchanging knowledge and expertise. For its Southeast Asia Regional Office in Jakarta, Hivos seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for the position of:
Title : Programme Officer Green - MFS
Title : Programme Officer Green - MFS
Duty Station : Jakarta, Indonesia
Duration : until December 2015
Report to : Coordinator/Senior Business Development Officer Green Food
The Programme Officer Green - MFS is under the supervision of and reports to the Coordinator/Senior Business Development Officer Green Food.
MFS II is the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ 2011-2015 grant framework for Dutch civil society organisations engaged in international development as co-funding agencies. The aim of MFS II is to help strengthen civil society in the South as a basis for structural poverty reduction. As one of the recipient organisations of MFS funding, since 2011 Hivos’s Jakarta-based Regional Office Southeast Asia (ROSEA) has used these funds to support development initiatives in Indonesia and the region on six thematic areas: Expression and Engagement, Rights and Citizenship, Action for Change, Green Energy and Green Food. The Green Food team’s portfolio of MFS-funded projects in 2015 includes strengthening cooperatives in the coconut/palm sugar sector; sustainable value chain development; the introduction of financial services (including the Green Performance Agenda toolkit for microfinance institutions); and support for food processing. To implement the projects we work with farmers’ cooperatives, local NGOs, technical assistance providers, consultants, district government, extension providers, banks and microfinance institutions, exporters and private sector corporations. All projects funded under the MFS programme are expected to conclude by December 2015. The aim of the Project Officer Financial Services/Food is to satisfactorily oversee the Green Food team’s portfolio of MFS-funded projects to conclusion, including finalization of all reporting.
The Programme Officer Green - MFS is responsible for the overall performance and management of the Green Food team’s portfolio of MFS-funded projects, including implementation, monitoring, donor reporting and documentation. S/he will ensure the contract management and implementation of MFS-funded projects are delivered as outlined in each Project Contract, and in accordance with the standards of Hivos, external donors, and/or private sector partners.
The position is Jakarta-based with some short-term domestic travel required.
Roles and responsibilities:
1. Manage the portfolio of the Green Food team’s MFS-funded projects, which includes management of all relevant paperwork, project administration and reporting requirements;
2. Be responsible for project progress, including: routine monitoring, guidance to implementing partners, data collection in accordance with each project’s M&E framework, and ongoing assessment;
3. Support knowledge dissemination to project partners through capacity-building, mentoring and field visits;
4. Ensure effective communication amongst project stakeholders, and between Hivos ROSEA and Hivos Head Office;
5. Represent Hivos ROSEA to stakeholders as needed, including by developing strong relationships and networks within Indonesia and internationally (as required);
6. Recruitment and management of consultants and/or technical advisers for relevant projects;
7. Conduct end-of-project evaluations and/or impact assessments in accordance with Hivos and donor requirements;
8. In collaboration with ROSEA’s D/MEL Officer, develop lessons learnt documentation for each completed project;
9. Contribute to the Green Cluster’s organizational and policy development;
10. Work collaboratively with other Green Food team members, and within the Green Cluster, to achieve ROSEA’s objectives for the Green Society programme in Indonesia.
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
· Proven experience in project management and implementation.
· Experience in managing grants and sub-grants.
· Knowledge and experience applying monitoring and evaluation tools and using information gathered to improve project performance.
· Experience in building capacity of partner organizations and demonstrated success in interacting with government agencies.
· Ability to work in multi-cultural environment and with a wide range of stakeholders.
· Outstanding English oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to ensure that project schedules and objectives are met.
· Ability to travel to project areas within Indonesia and to attend meetings/conferences as required.
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative of GREEN project.
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit:
· A cover letter expressing motivation for the position.
· A CV, no more than 4 (four) pages, that highlights how the candidate meets the expected qualifications.
To: email@example.com no later than Wednesday, 11 March 2015.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (‘Programme Officer Green - MFS’) in the ‘subject’ line of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information about Hivos, visit https://hivos.org/