Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts. The focus of its systemic intervention in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact works to enable access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation.
The foundation is based in Zurich, Switzerland, and is active in 29 countries and has some 750 employees.
The SCPP is a large Public Private Partnership (“PPP”) in Indonesia which has started in January 2012. The Program is financed by the Swiss Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO, The Sustainable Trade Initiative IDH, the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, and five Private Sector Companies from the cocoa sector for the duration from 2012 – 2015. The Program works directly with 60,000 cocoa farming households in six Indonesian Provinces to improve farm productivity and livelihood conditions.
For our Swisscontact SCPP-Program in Indonesia, we are looking for an:
MRM and Database Assistant
Begin of Employment : March 2015 or as agreed
Place of Duty : 1 person – Medan, North Sumatera.
Under direct supervision of regional MRM and IT officer and in coordination with Monitoring and Result Measurement (MRM) Manager of SCPP in Jakarta and programme team, the MRM and Database Assistant will be responsible for data integrity and proper maintenance of the data for Program Monitoring and Result Measurement, as well as management of SCPP beneficiary documentation, including the filing system.
Task, Authority, and Responsibility
- Responsible for regular data cleaning for all data in SCPP MIS application in each region. Especially to check inaccurate, incomplete, and irrelevant data. Also spelling errors, duplicate data, and ensuring quality data sources.
- Responsible for data input, reporting, and filing system.
- Responsible for collecting of program data based on requirement.
- Providing inputs for the maintenance and updating of databases and MIS system.
- Support the program team with daily tasks.
Communication, Supervision, and Reporting
- Regularly notify program team on database status for inaccurate, incomplete, and irrelevant data. Also spelling errors, duplicate data, and ensuring quality data sources method.
- Support the preparation of regular data reporting from the MIS and submit to the MRM and IT Officer;
- Actively communicate to SCPP regional and district staff regarding data collecting and updating;
- Support the preparation of information and documents for periodical reporting of activities for the program management;
- Supervised by MRM and IT Officer
This job description can be amended based on the development of the program and any new requirements that may arise upon the mutual agreement of both parties.
Duties applicable to all staff
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Program’s overall goals.
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Swisscontact code of conduct.
- Undertake any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the SCPP management.
Education/Qualifications Required Preferred
Degree in Math, Statistic, IT, and other relevant fields
Minimum experience of 2 years working knowledge with computer sciences or related technical field.
- SQL Server capacity is a must
- Experience in the use of both qualitative and quantitative methods and approaches to MRM
- Ability and experience to engage with key stakeholders and technical experts
- Excellent written and spoken Indonesian and English
Other Specific Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality outputs on time
- Good interpersonal skills and commitment to working in a team.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on 23 February 2015 at the latest to:
Swisscontact-SCPP, Human Resources Unit, The Vida Building, 5th floor, Jl. Raya Perjuangan No. 8, Kebon Jeruk – Jakarta Barat 11530 , Tél. +62 21 2951 0200
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews.