United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) in Indonesia welcomes applications from qualified candidates for the terms of reference below.
Interested applicants should submit electronically their application letter and updated curriculum vitae addressed to: email@example.com with the Position Code as subject of the email. Closing date: 8 May 2015
TERMS OF REFERENCE
REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH TECHNICAL OFFICER
- Position code: UNALA – RH Technical Officer
- Duty Station: Yogyakarta
- Recruitment: Indonesia Nationality
- Duration of Assignment: Until 31 December 2015
- Condition: Individual Consultant Contract
Under the overall guidance of the UNFPA Representative and under the direct supervision of the National Programme Officer (NPO) for Youth and ASRH in UNFPA, the Reproductive Health Technical Officer of ASRH Services Model Development in Yogyakarta is expected to assist with tasks related to demand creation activities. The NPO will facilitate collaboration and coordination activities with UNFPA and local counterparts – most especially the Youth Networks and Health Care Providers in Yogyakarta.
The Reproductive Health Technical Officer is responsible to assist the Business Development Manager to implement the project – with a specific focus on ensuring the quality sexual and reproductive health services are provided by doctors affiliated with Unala. The Reproductive Health Technical Officer works with the UNALA staff in Yogyakarta, reporting directly to the Business Development Manager that is based in Yogyakarta.
- Establish and maintain the engagement of the network of private health care providers and provide ongoing technical assistance
- Lead the development and implementation of Franchising tools and procedures, including Franchisee and Service Delivery Standards SoPs particularly on family planning, STIs management, HIV management, pregnancy and other issues related with adolescent sexual and reproductive health.
- Develop Memorandum of Understanding for franchisees and obtain signatures
- Develop, update and circulate referral system.
- Develop Franchisee Training tools and organize franchisee Training
- Develop Quality Assurance system.
- Conduct regular visits to all Franchisees to:
- providing mentoring and advice
- conduct medical detailing
- monitor distribute commodities and materials
- Medical Doctor
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in managing health service centre, preferably related to sexual and reproductive health, HIV and young people.
- Native speaker of Bahasa Indonesia and good spoken and written English
- Understanding of the key issues within the Indonesian sexual and reproductive health and young people, and knowledge of the health care system in Yogyakarta
- Excellent planning, organizational and facilitating skills including the ability to meet deadlines and manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office systems including word processing, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work as a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders from a range of professional and civil society backgrounds in both English and Bahasa
- High level of written and verbal communication skills in both English and Bahasa, including report writing