CWS Indonesia (www.cwsindonesia.or.id) is an international relief, development, and refugee assistance agency that has been operating in Indonesia for over forty years. CWS works with partners to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice around the world.
CWS is the implementing partner for a UNHCR-funded urban refugee program in Jakarta that provides protection, access to basic services (health, education, psychosocial support) and capacity building to vulnerable refugees and asylum seekers living in the Greater Jakarta area.
CWS is now looking for candidates to fill the following position:
Senior Program Officer -Health : Jakarta based – 1 position
I. JOB SUMMARY : The Senior Program Officer-Health position is required to support CWS Program in Jakarta Area concerning health and health related activities. This position also entails managerial, administration and documentation skills. An ability to be flexible in working with refugees from various background and as part of team is essential.
II. RESPONSIBILITY & TASKS
1. Implementation of Health program in Jakarta.
· Identification on physical/health as well as social-psychological social, psychological problem of refugees
· In charge of basic medical assistance and the delivery of first aid services
· Responsible for health emergency cases (responsible for management and follow up of hotline services)
· Manage medical supplies and kit used for first aid purpose
· Deals, coordinates and maintain relationship with nominated PUSKESMAS and Hospitals
· Work closely with other Senior/Program Officers in providing medical services/consultation
· Managed and conduct routine home visits to the refugees community areas, and to the unaccompanied minor shelters
· Make sure that all medical cases are referred properly to PUSKESMAS or Hospitals
· Monitor pregnant mother, babies and children development concerning health and nutrition status.
· Monitor elderly refugees and other group with specific medical needs concerning their health status
· Develop and oversee the Memorandum of Understanding with nominated PUSKESMAS and Hospital
2. Identification of needs of refuges/group (what kind of technical support is needed)
· Discuss with respective Program Manager and other Senior/Program Officers about identification of physical/health training needs of refugees/group.
· Hold formal and informal discussion with refugees.
· Provide regular update on health issues and procedure to the refugees
3. Documentation and report writing.
· Provide information, data and reports timely as requested.
· Develop a case file system for each refugees
· Maintain and update data base of all refugees related to their health problems (including billing and medical claim)
· Follow up the billing and medical claim of refugees and vulnerable asylum seekers with proper checks and balances
· Ensure that all program documentation and reports are prepared properly and in timely manner.
· Make report of field/home visit
· Develop different presentation related to health program when required
4. Staff Management and Development
· Provide inputs to the Program Manager with regards to staff performance and development, especially those under supervision of SPO Health.
· Ensure the communication and exchange information between all staff/unit are being done properly
· Supervise, oversee and evaluate performance of Health Assistant
5. Monitoring, and Evaluation
· Assisting Program Manager in monitoring and evaluating the implementation of health program according to the plans and activities
· Assist the Program Manager in preparing the monitoring and evaluation tools
· Do other tasks as requested by the Program Manager.
· Bachelor Degree (Master preferred) in Public Health, Medical or other relevant field.
· Ability to work in a cultural and gender-sensitive manner, respecting diversity in its all forms, including religious minorities, socio-economic situation, sexual orientation and ethnicity.
· Ability to interact and communicate with wide range of stakeholders (NGO networks, government institutions and refugees)
· Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when necessary and be able to coordinate multiple tasks
· Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
· Possess computer skills, including internet-based communication/ and various office applications (Microsoft Words, Excel and Power Point).
· Significant skill in reporting, documentation and database management is essential.
· Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is essential. Knowledge of Dari/Farsi/Arabic/Urdu will be an added advantage.
· Proven experience in managing medical services/assistance, preferably in refugees program.
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in medical or public health project/services
· Ability to handle first aid services and health emergency cases
· Ability to interact and communicate with wide-range of stakeholder (Medical institutions, NGO networks, government institution and refugees)
· Able to prepare and provide different capacity building/training on health and or nutrition related issues for staff and refugees
· Good interpersonal skills with ability to motivate/counsel both staff and refugees
Applications should include a cover letter, reflecting motivation; a CV,Including two references; expected gross salary and contact number by 27th February 2015. Please send applications in MS Word format (maximum 200KB) to firstname.lastname@example.org