KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has a strong reputation in national and international TB control. KNCV is an international centre of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. As a non-profit international organization, KNCV is active in over 40 countries in Europe, Africa, Latin America and Asia. The central office is located in The Hague, The Netherlands. KNCV Indonesia consists of a dynamic team of over 90 staff members working in 10 provinces in Indonesia, all to help combat tuberculosis in Indonesia in close cooperation with the Ministry of Health.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centred care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Currently KNCV is looking for a:
Knowledge Management Officer
Duty Station: Representative Office, Jakarta
Knowledge Management (KM) Officer will responsible for a wide variety of activities related to identifying, managing, and disseminating key information to advance technical practice. Specifically, the KM Officer will asses knowledge management needs and develop the necessary strategy, lead and support learning events, produce resources and guidance. The KM Officer will also play a key role in program evaluation.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Knowledge Management and Learning Strategy
- Contributes to the development of a coherent in country knowledge management and learning strategy.
- Designs and implements a knowledge management (KM) process to capture, develop, share, and effectively use KNCV/Challenge TB knowledge.
- Monitors and evaluates the implementation of the KM and Learning Strategy
- Identify and share more creative, efficient and effective ways to engage audiences and facilitate sharing and collaboration.
- Capture and share information
- Provides support to the Strategic Information & Knowledge Management Coordinator and the TA Coordinator in developing M&E tools and implementing program monitoring and evaluation activities
- Identifies project results, lessons learned, best practices and most significant changes
- Promotes the documentation, sharing and learning about the above results
- Documentation and learning systems
- Manages the office electronic and hard copy library
- Promotes the utilization of the KNCV E-portal and trains staff in using the E-portal
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Masters Degree in Health Informatics, Biostatistics or other relevant advanced degree
- At least 5 years experience working on a health program ideally in Tuberculosis
- Proven competency in qualitative research studies and program evaluation
- Demonstrated ability to deliver knowledge management and/or organizational learning programs.
- Strong interest and experience in non-government development work
- Excellent facilitation and management skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication / presentation skills, in both Bahasa Indonesia and English
- Ability to create a supportive working environment amongst all staff
- Ability to work as part of a multi cultural team and independently
- Motivated, pro active and willing to learn
- Ability to meet critical deadlines
- Strong Computer Skills.
“The KNCV offers a flexible and supportive work environment and strongly encourages developing your skills and abilities to further your career opportunities.”
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV and application firstname.lastname@example.org by February 18th, 2015 at the latest.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
KNCV is an equal employment opportunity organization