PROJECT MANAGER (CONSULTING)
HARD-WORKING, MOTIVATED, MULTILINGUAL TALENT WITH A PASSION FOR SOCIAL IMPACT? APPLY HERE.
Kopernik is an exciting, fast-growing, cutting-edge organisation tackling technology distribution challenges. We emphasise a hybrid philanthropy-business model in achieving our mission - different from the traditional charity approach of giving away goods and services for free.
Our team works tirelessly to put the last mile first. Our culture shapes the way we work. We value action, we get things done, we are open and transparent in everything we do, and we always look for ways to innovate. We come to work with a smile, which is easy when a strict no jerks policy applies.
The Manager will work with our Strategic Initiatives Team and provide a range of services as part of the Last Mile Consulting service and other strategic initiatives.
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline such as economics or business management.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Advanced computer skills with fluency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Impact and data focused.
- A can-do and collaborative mind set – comfortable with the ambiguities and demands of a rapidly evolving work environment.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- High energy levels.
- A commitment to Kopernik’s values and reaching underserved communities.
- Willingness to travel.
- At least 5 years professional work experience. Experience in business consulting a plus.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND CLIENT MANAGEMENT
- Cultivate and manage client relationship
- Understand client needs and develop the scope of work and budget for last mile consulting projects
- Develop new last mile consulting projects
MANAGEMENT OF MARKET RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS
- Design and manage research on the socio-economic status of particular geographic locations in Indonesia and other developing countries.
- Manage market research on specific sectors – water, energy, education, housing, agriculture, IT, health, etc. - in Indonesia and other developing countries.
- Plan and supervise interviews with households and businesses.
- Host and accompany clients on field visits and help with interpretation as necessary.
- Coordinate product distribution to last mile communities through local partners.
DATA ANALYSIS AND REPORT WRITING
- Manage the data analysis and report writing process
- Clean and analyze data collected in the field
- Interpret and summarize the findings in a succinct, visual way
- Propose actionable recommendations to clients based on key findings.
- Liaise with and build partnership with local government and relevant authorities
- Develop new partnerships with local partners, academic partners, donors and technology producers.
- Respond to incoming correspondence from local partners, academic partners, donors and technology producers.
- Undertake other tasks as requested by the team and management
HOW TO APPLY :
Please send your CV, cover letter and one minute video explaining why you're perfect for the job via our online application form - http://kopernik.info/job-enquiry
Applicants who are interviewed successfully will be expected to complete a test which demonstrates the necessary skills.
Nigeria based (for the initial period) with possible relocation to Indonesia
APPLICATION DEADLINE :
Wednesday, February 18, 2015