Agriculture Program Assistant:
Promoting Agricultural Value Chain and Community Development
Under the project Solar Powered Water Pumping for Irrigation in Southwest Sumba, Winrock is seeking a potential candidate to serve as an Agriculture Program Assistant (Ag PA) in Sumba. Agriculture facilitator will work closely with a local NGO to implement the planned horticultural and marketing activities. The agriculture facilitator will also be responsible to assist local NGO in improving the livelihood situation in the selected project’s site.
The responsibilities, duties, and qualifications are described in the attached position description.
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources.
Winrock would like to graciously thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are short listed will be contacted.
Please provide in your CVs and/or cover letter evidence of your involvement with:
- Agriculture value chain, horticulture/food crops production and/or irrigation sector experience.
- Sustainable livelihoods and community development activities.
· Agriculture Program Assistant (Ag PA) is responsible for the management of Winrock’s agricultural field activity implementations in Southwest Sumba
· Support and assist the local NGO in the implementation of good horticultural practices and maintenance of solar powered water pump
· Support Ag Specialist in detail the design of institutional arrangement of solar powered water pumping management system, horticulture production, and marketing strategy in the context of livelihood strategies for community development
· Help and support the local NGO in the implementation of planned community development activities and ensuring the initiated project is running well
· Help local NGO to connect with market players
· Report the implementation of planned activities in written form and takes documentation (photos) per field activities
- University degree, majoring in agribusiness. Knowledge on horticulture production, water and soil management are desirable
- Understanding of opportunities and constraints for sustainable development.
- Strong sense of responsibility and control
- Good interpersonal skills and commitment to working in a team
- Skills in computer, software systems (windows, spreadsheet, word processing, e-mail, internet.)
- Excellent presentation skill in Bahasa or local language
- Fair English skills, written and verbal.
This opening is on a very fast time frame, so please send the required information noted above as soon as possible.
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae before February 7, 2015 at the latest to:
Winrock International Indonesia, Agriculture Department,