Working in 30+ countries globally, Conservation International (CI) Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to empowering societies to responsibly and sustainable care for nature for the good of humanity. We are constantly growing and expanding into areas new and old. With each step, we need more and more hands. Apply your passion, skills, and talents to helping us protect the most important places around the world. We are currently looking to fill the following position for our office in Tapanuli Utara (TapUt):
SLP Field Livelihood Coordinator (Cocoa)
· Conducting Cacao value chain assessment and continue to update Cacao value chain information specific to the situation in North Sumatra with specific emphasis on South Tapanuli, Mandailing Natal and North Tapanuli;
· The candidate will consider appropriate interventions to support Cacao value chain in SLP target districts;
· The candidate together with SLP team members will continue to develop, design and provide technical leadership to Cacao interventions in Mandailing Natal, South Tapanuli and North Tapanuli Districts and as directed;
· The candidate will identify, provide technical recommendations, training and capacity building materials, and lead work together with field staff that will support SLP program interventions (with a focus on increased productivity, improved market access, improved quality with a core emphasis on: low emissions development, reducing greenhouse gas emissions, improved natural resource management, conserving natural resources and reducing pressure expansion of new land into forests
· Ensure that target villages and locations are aligned with current SLP program activities and that close coordination and communication occurs with between field, Medan and Jakarta personnel;
· The candidate will continue to identify and work with stakeholders (public and private sector, NGOs, farmer groups and research agencies) that will support SLP interventions and overall objectives. This will include the need to develop together with SLP staff MoU’s and/or working agreements with different SLP program partners.
· Work together with local extension agents over an extended time period to develop and assist in the delivery ofhigh quality training and support spanning Cacao interventions to include both on and off farm good agriculturalpractices (GAP);
· Spatial elements captured where the work is occurring will be provided to SLP staff so that records of where work is occurring are maintained.
· Relevant degree and/or at least 3 years working experience on facilitating the process of Cacao value chain analysis, program design and implementation;
· Excellent communication and presentation skills;
· Strong technical command of Cacao sector;
· Strong ability to manage group process and dynamics;
· Good command of English (speaking, reading and writing)
· Ability to write reports, work plans and budgets
· Knowledge/understanding of local cultural setting
· Passionate with field works and able to meet project deadlines often under difficult circumstances.
Apply your passion, skills, and talents to helping us protect the most important places around the world.
Please send your current resume and cover letter (no more than 4 pages) to:
Indicate the position title “ SLP Livelihood Coordinator “ in the email subject line.
Closing date for the application is 11 Februrary 2015
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified).
For more information about CI, please visit our web: