RTI International is one of the world's leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 3,700 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
Prioritizing Reform, Innovation and Opportunities for Reaching Indonesia’s Teachers,Administrators, and Students (PRIORITAS) is a-USAID funded program focusing on capacity building and quality improvements for teacher training institutions (TTI) and for non-academic, pre-service teacher training providers. PRIORITAS is building the capacity of schools and MoEC, MORA national, provincial and district offices together with pre- and in-service teacher training organizations to coordinate, plan and train.
RTI-PRIORITAS is currently looking for highly qualified candidates to fill the Human Resources Manager (additional) position for our project based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
HR Manager is responsible for the administration of HR activities and initiatives under the PRIORITAS project offices in Indonesia. The individual will work under the general direction of the Operations Manager and will collaborate with Senior HR Manager RTI Asia Regional Office to facilitate efficient and effective HR administration for the project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with senior managers, providing them with expert guidance, coaching and support on the full range of HR activities (including the application of policies and procedures, terms and conditions of employment, absence management, performance management, etc.), in order to ensure a consistent and fair approach in-line with RTI and USAID policies
- Interpret, implement and maintain HR policies and procedures to ensure effective, fair and consistent management of staff throughout the project
- Ensure that managers and staff are aware of the policies and procedures and able to operate them effectively
- Track and compile the project leave schedules, setting up all staff absence by receiving and filing PTO authorizations, performing the functions of absence monitoring and recording; Advise staff on their leave entitlements
- Monitor employment contracts status to ensure the timeliness of end of service notice or extension/renewal or other change in employee status. Coordinates preparation of documents through timely preparation and submission of Personnel Action Request (PAR) forms to HR ARO
- Ensure that insurance registration for all staff and deletion are properly managed
- Implement and manage the organization’s annual performance management process; train management staff on proper administration of performance management system, conducts on-going training for new management staff and staff employees as needed.
- Orientation and induction focal person; provides information to staff members on their employment conditions and entitlements, including on-entry briefings, facilitate CCN orientation
- Undertake other tasks as agreed with line manager
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- A master degree with 6 years relevant working experience or a Bachelor’s degree with 10 years relevant working experience in HR at the national level
- Working knowledge of and experience in international and local national HR
- Working knowledge of and experience in local labor and employment laws and legal resources
- Familiarity with international development systems and policies
- Ability to prioritize issues and make recommendations to policies
- High degree of professionalism and discretion; culturally astute
- Ability to work independently as well as perform in matrix organization
- Strong negotiator with ability for partnership and collaboration
- Strong writing and presentation skills with ability to communicate well within and across diverse groups and perspectives.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills with ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a multi-tasking environment
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and HR system
Interested candidates should send the following documentations: Application letter and CV with 3 referees.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the email subject, and submit the application by 20 February 2015 to email@example.com