HARD-WORKING, MOTIVATED, MULTILINGUAL TALENT WITH A PASSION FOR SOCIAL IMPACT? APPLY HERE.
Kopernik is an exciting, fast-growing, cutting-edge organisation tackling technology distribution challenges. We emphasise a hybrid philanthropy-business model in achieving our mission - different from the traditional charity approach of giving away goods and services for free.
Our team works tirelessly to put the last mile first. Our culture shapes the way we work. We value action, we get things done, we are open and transparent in everything we do, and we always look for ways to innovate. We come to work with a smile, which is easy when a strict no jerks policy applies.
We are currently recruiting a highly talented and motivated Operations Director that will be responsible for all of Kopernik’s operations support functions in Indonesia - Human Resources, Procurement, Finance and Administration. The position reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in running a large organization or division with at least 50 staff.
- Solid understanding of Indonesian tax, labour and yayasan law.
- Prior experience in a human resources role.
- Financial management, budgeting and accounting know-how.
- Degree in relevant discipline (Master degree preferred).
- Positive attitude, hard working, reliable, motivated, and passionate about social impact.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- High level negotiation as well as interpersonal skills and the capacity to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels and to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures;
- Superior oral and written communication skills in English and Indonesian.
- Experience and understanding of social enterprises.
- Fully computer literate and tech savvy, knowledge of Quickbooks accounting software is an advantage
- Indonesian national.
MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP
- Collaborate with the CEO, COO and other Directors on developing strategy regarding programs and financial management.
- Strengthen, direct, and manage Kopernik’s Operations team which includes a logistician, office manager, financial controller and other support staff.
- Manage and develop team members while always keeping in line with Kopernik’s explicit organizational culture.
- Respond to the demands and requirements of the country programme to reach project milestones on time and within budget.
- Strengthen and oversee the implementation of the HR policy.
- Strengthen and oversee Kopernik’s compensation and benefits policies.
- Create and execute a clear, efficient system for Kopernik staff performance evaluation.
- Identify and structure Kopernik’s professional development opportunities for team members.
- Oversee Kopernik’s recruitment process.
- Coordinate Visas and permits for expatriate staff.
- Oversee the financial management functions of the organisation.
- Oversee the procurement and logistics team to ensure timely procurement of items and compliance with Donor’s and Kopernik’s regulations
COMMUNICATIONS AND LIAISON
- Liaise with government authorities.
- Liaise with Yayasan Kopernik board.
- Represent Yayasan Kopernik as Secretary of the Executive Board.
- Represent the organization externally to partners.
- Develop successful relationships with key partners, donors, and government.
- Work on integrating CiviCRM across the organisation.
- Fulfil internal reporting obligations covering human resources, procurement, finance and administration (monthly financial reporting, quarterly and annual reviews)
- Fulfil external reporting obligations covering human resources, procurement, finance and administration including to:
- Kopernik Board
HOW TO APPLY :
Please send your CV, cover letter and one minute video explaining why you're perfect for the job via our online application form - http://kopernik.info/job-enquiry
Applicants who are interviewed successfully will be expected to complete a test which demonstrates the necessary skills.
Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
APPLICATION DEADLINE :
Wednesday, February 18, 2015