Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund (ASB) is one of Germany’s oldest and largest social welfare organisations with over 200 offices and a membership of 1.2 million.
ASB has been working in Indonesia since 2006 and under a Memorandum of Understanding (M0U) with the Indonesian Ministry of Home Affairs since 2007 focusing on resilience and inclusion. ASB is currently developing a Philippines program that will start in early 2015. It will be a partner-implemented program with a core focus on community resilience building following Typhoon Haiyan. To establish and implement this program a team are being formed that will manage the program from the ASB Indonesia country office in Yogyakarta.
As part of the Indonesian and Philippines program ASB is seeking expressions of interest from qualified and committed individuals for the following position:
Senior Finance Officer
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia, with frequent national and international travel
Duration: 12 months
Vacancy: National position
Salary: ASB offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience
Closing: 30 June 2015
Summary of job profile:
The Senior Finance Officer position will take a lead role in monitoring financial projects and partners, financial capacity development for partner and internal financial & administration arrangement of the ASB Philippines program. This position will work closely with the Program Development Manager, other staff and partner organizations to ensure all financial activities are according to internal standards, as well as expectations and regulations of donors, project partners and the Indonesian government.
- Graduate from accounting, business administration or other related field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience with a demonstrable track record of success.
- Proven experience in review financial proposal and financial report.
- Proven experience in managing and strengthening partnerships.
- Proven experience in monitoring financial projects and partners.
- Proven experience in assessing and developing capacity, mentoring and supporting the development / strengthening of local organizations financial systems.
- Experience in the Philippines an asset
- Experience in working in an accounting system an asset.
- High-level report writing skills.
- Good communicator.
- Fluent written and spoken English required.
- Willingness to travel overseas required.
- Willingness to work in a team.
- Experience with PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Experience in facilitating financial learning processes and training an asset
- A commitment to working in partnership
- A creative, critical, enquiring and flexible mind that is good at problem solving.
- Enthusiasm, energy and an innate desire to better oneself and to improve the work of those around you.
- Good cross-cultural understanding including experience working in multi-cultural teams and programs.
ASB is an equal opportunities employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Please read the following carefully:
Qualified applicants should send: a) application letter outlining your interest b) curriculum vitae max: 2 pages clearly describing your relevant qualifications and experience c) 2 referees’ contact details.
Applications to Ms Ida Yuni Kartikawati: email@example.com using the subject line: PHL1401_SFO
NOTE: A failure to follow the above application format will result in applications being disregarded.