Chemonics International, a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C., seeks qualified Indonesian candidates to fill the position of long term Grant/SAF Assistant on its project entitled Program Representasi (ProRep) in Jakarta. Funded by USAID, Program Representasi (ProRep) is designed to help civil society organizations (CSOs), public policy research centers and universities, and other policy actors become more representative, effective and responsive to citizens’ needs, and facilitate these groups to engage effectively for better informed and more representative policy processes and outcomes.
The ProRep Grant/SAF Assistant will have primary responsibility to contribute to administration of grants, letters of collaboration (LOCs) and subcontracts awarded to a range of Indonesian partners, including CSOs (civil society organizations), research institutions, survey organizations and others. The grants, LOCs, and subcontracts are awarded with respect to all program areas of ProRep as prescribed in the ProRep contract, however each Grants/SAF Assistant will be assigned to a specific team or portfolio under the project. The Grants/SAF Assistant will also assist with the administration of conferences, workshops, training sessions, and other direct activities, particularly but not solely those involving ProRep grantees and sub-contractors. He or she will perform basic specialist functions including, but not limited to, the following:
1. Ensure that subcontractors, grantees, and LOC partners comply with all regulatory requirements in a satisfactory and professional manner. This includes reviewing the organizational capacity of prospective grantees.
2. Oversee policies, practices, and procedures related to all aspects of ProRep subcontracts, grants, and letters of collaboration, including procurement and accounting.
- Contribute to the preparation of RFPs (for subcontracts), RFA and APS announcements (for grants) and Request for Concept Papers (for LOCs) RFA, respond to enquiries from grant/LOC/subcontract applicants, and record details of applications.
- Help organize and maintain the grant filing system, including but not limited to RFAs and grant applications, financial administration and grant payments, grant evaluations,, grantees’ reporting and project documentation and closeout grant/ LOC.
- Liaise with grantees/LOC/subcontract partners on implementing, payments, and submission of deliverables.
- Contribute as needed to the preparation of ProRep grant reports to USAID.
- Assist with the administration of conferences, workshops, training sessions, and other direct activities, particularly but not solely those involving ProRep grantees and sub-contractors.
- Contribute to ProRep reporting and M&E (monitoring and evaluation) activities as required.
9. Perform other such duties as may be assigned by the Deputy Chief of Party or Chief of Party.
Applicants should have these following qualifications:
o University graduate
o Have at least 5 years of experience in CSO and/or think tanks grants and activities support on grant
o Have excellent interpersonal communication skills
o Creative and open minded
o Able to work in cross cultural environments
o Excellent English language skills
o Experience working with International donor agencies / USAID and knowledge of USAID policies and
procedures is an advantage.
If you think you are the perfect candidate for this position, please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org , no later than June 26, 2015. Please mention the position in the subject line of your email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.