The is a conservation organization working around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people.
Currently we are searching for qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
The Community Development Specialist is responsible for engaging and supporting communities in natural resource management. S/he uses the full range of participatory methods, tools, and processes to meaningfully engage communities in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the program. S/he provides administrative and project management support and other general assistance to program staff and consultants working towards the achievement of social objectives, conservation, or stewardship goals.
These may include one or more of the following functions:
· Together with his/her supervisor and other team members, develops and implements conservation strategies and institutional best practice that suits with local community
· Support the development of innovative scientific methods, analyses, tools, and frameworks to meaningfully engage communities in development and natural resource management initiatives
· Facilitate communities in their initiatives to take part in natural resource management, climate change mitigation, livelihood development, etc.
· Build and strengthen local institutions (community groups, village leaders, etc.) in administration, financial management, and other strategic and technical areas
· Help link communities and village government with government agencies at the different levels, private companies, NGOs, etc.
· Coordinate and help build the capacity of local NGO partners, as needed
· Collect, document and analyze various types of data and information through focus group discussions, key informant interviews, household survey, etc.
· Provide technical and logistical support during field trips, etc.
This position reports to the Community Development Manager and will be based in Tanjung Redeb – Berau.
· Bachelor’s degree and 3 years’ experience in natural resource management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience managing staff.
· Experience using common software applications such as Word, Excel, web browsers, etc.
· Experience in training and curriculum design.
Please send your CV & application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than June 17, 2015. Please insert Community Development Specialist in your email subject.