In 2013, Rockefeller Foundation funded a health project called ACTIVED that aim to improve urban health resilience of Semarang City by reducing the incidences of climate-induced vector-borne diseases. The project is part of the Asian Cities Climate Change Resilience Network (ACCCRN), and being achieved by:
1. Establishing a Health Early Warning System and Health Information System;
2. Implementing vector-borne disease prevention methods in six high incidence sub-districts in Semarang city, Indonesia;
3. Creating a complete understanding of future trends of vector-borne disease and health systems in relation to future climate change impacts.
To ensure quality results of these deliverables, Mercy Corps Indonesia require Project Assistant to implement capacity development for communities and relevant stakeholder in ACTIVED working area related to behavioral change in dengue control and prevention.
1. Project Assistant – ACTIVED
ACTIVED Project Assistant will support the work of District Coordinator to achieve the objectives of ACTIVED Project and closely coordinate with ACCCRN Program Officer to ensure a clear link of contribution to the bigger resilience agenda of Semarang City.
- Diploma Degree from Public Health, Health Promotion or Environmental Health;
- 2+ years of experience in community capacity development in implementing health related project in Semarang City;
- Have a good understanding of Semarang City context and possess good knowledge of vector borne diseases;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Experience in writing report;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office is mandatory
2. Admin Assistant – ACTIVED
Administrative assistant will be responsible directly to the existing ACCCRN administration officer, he/she will need to be able to work to support the implementation of the programs in an effective and prompt manner, including but not limited to make an arrangement for workshop/meetings/conference, creating contracts, and any other related administrative tasks based on Mercy Corps standard of operation.
- At least 2 years of administrative/secretarial experience is required;
- The candidate must have strong communication, English speaking and writing skills;
- S/he should be very familiar with facilities and code of conduct in Jakarta, Semarang, Bandar Lampung, Cirebon, Blitar, Palembang, Probolinggo, Pekalongan, and Tarakan;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and other computer program are required;
- Candidate domicile in Semarang City is preferred.
Please send your CV with position applied on the email subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacancy will be closed 17 June 2015 and only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.