RTI International is one of the world's leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 3,700 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
PRIORITAS is a five year USAID-funded project designed to improve access to quality education for children in Indonesia. USAID PRIORITAS is part of a cooperative agreement between the Governments of the United States of America and the Republic of Indonesia. The project will work closely with national and local partners to : Improve the quality and relevance of teaching and learning in schools ; Develop better management and governance in schools and districts ; Support better coordination within and between schools, teacher training institutions and government at all levels. USAID PRIORITAS will work across 60 partner districts in Aceh, North Sumatra, Banten, West Java, Central Java, East Java, South Sulawesi and Papua.
RTI is seeking for IT Manager for our RTI PRORITAS Project based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The IT Manager is responsible for the IT needs of all offices under the specific contract, including system installations, maintenance, support and technical consultations to end-users. She/he is responsible for ensuring that standards set by the RTI IT Home Office are followed and that the most efficient and effective IT solutions are applied.
Responsibilities of the IT Manager also include maintaining the LANs (Local Area Network) at National Office as well as the provincial offices. She/he needs to manage systems and support staff located at Jakarta National Office and project offices located throughout Indonesia in coordination with IT Specialists. The IT Manager will supervise, manage and oversee the working of IT Specialist on each provincial office for any IT infrastructure related matters.
She/he must also ensure that proper backup, antivirus and disaster recovery procedure are implemented and that end-users have access to shared files, wireless access, printers and emails. She/he will coordinate and report to the RTI ITS Asia Pacific Regional Manager to ensure compliance to the RTI IT guidelines and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install and maintain network infrastructure including ISP, router, Wireless Access Point, Ethernet switches/hubs, printers, faxes, etc.
- Install and maintain Wide Area Network connectivity (internet connection and services, device configuration and maintenance) in the National office as well as provincial offices
- Install and maintain Project Servers, both in Jakarta National Office and each provincial office
- Ensure Windows Server and other software are maintained and that patches are promptly applied.
- Ensure anti-virus signature file is kept current
- Ensure information is backed up and maintained in accordance with RTI policies and procedures
- Maintain spare parts and perform hardware repairs and restoration
- Perform IT Support
- Ensure Windows and other software is maintained and that patches are promptly applied
- Ensure McAfee anti-virus software is installed and both the engine and signature files are kept current
- Ensure information is backed up and maintained in accordance with RTI Policies and Procedures
- Ensure that only licensed software is installed on each of end-user’s computer
- Provide user support on hardware, networking and software related issues.
- Configure and troubleshoot laptops/desktops/printers/other shared devices problems
- Evaluate IT products/services whenever required
- Ensure compliance with RTI Information Security policies, procedures and standards
- Maintain voice communications – small PABX systems and conference room system
- Supervise and work together with the IT Specialists to ensure the smooth operation of IT infrastructure at provincial offices
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Minimum of 6 years experiencing in installing/supporting/maintaining a wide range of IT infrastructure systems (Windows Servers, Windows PCs, Mac OSX, Backups, Printers, Scanners, Voice, Recorders, etc.) in multiple locations
- PC, Macbook & Server support experience
- Experience or basic knowledge of Windows Server 2008, MS Office 2010/2013, Win 7 Pro, Mac OSX and McAfee anti-virus
- Good work ethic and strong desire to complete tasks in a timely manner as directed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in English
- Work well independently and in a team environment
Interested candidates should send the following documentations: Application letter and CV.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the email subject, and submit the application by 21 June 2015to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
RTI values equal employment opportunities. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.