The British Council in Indonesia is recruiting for the post of :
Business Support Services Manager (Temporary)
1 (One) position, 6 Months Duration of Job – Jakarta
Purpose of job:
· Provide professional tactical leadership on all Business Support Services (BSS) matters for BC office in Jakarta
· Support the main office move project as directed by Director Operations
· Lead on and be accountable for the performance of the BSS team including supervise support staff from outsource company.
· Ensure that all processes and policies are aligned with British Council corporate policy, local legal requirements, market practice
· To support implementation of the BSS team’s strategic priorities and objectives
· To deal with day to day BSS matters
· Manage premises, facilities, UK staff accommodation for BC Jakarta
· Manage the budget for general office running cost
Context and environment: (e.g. dept description, region description, organogram)
The East Asia Region is of vital importance to the British Council in terms of both impact and income. Indonesia is a priority country for the region and also globally. We plan to expand our operation across Indonesia and it’s important to have a solid foundation to support that growth.
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
1. Business Support Services
Ensure delivery of range of services ensuring the maintenance of facilities, building, vehicle, equipment and assets in order to provide a secure, safe, healthy, clean and efficient working environment for staff and visitors in supporting the delivery of a comprehensive and integrated business services strategy for the Directorate.
2. Customer Service & Outsource Management
Deliver high quality customer services to internal and external customers and clients, which meet their needs and enable the Council to achieve its objectives. Manage outsource posts/works according to the agreed standards.
3. Accommodation for UK-appointed staff working in Indonesia
Deliver a range of services to ensure appropriate living accommodation for UK-appointed staff.
4. Management of general office running cost budgets
Through monthly monitoring and management of the budgets, achieve best value for money for all office running related cost.
Key relationships: (include internal and external)
Internally: Country Director, Director Operations, Senior Finance Manager, Senior HR manager, other sector leads, internal audit team
Externally: Landlords and property management companies, vendors
Other important features or requirements of the job
Occasional travel to other parts of Indonesia and countries in East Asia for meetings or training.
May be required to work unsociable hours during the planning and forecasting window.
Applicants who do not meet these requirements will not be short-listed for interview
Closing date for receipt of applications is by 23:59 UK time on Monday 22nd June 2015. It is essential that candidates use the application form provided on our website. The British Council does not accept CVs in place of the completed application form and it is unable to respond to telephone enquiries.