Palm Oil Program Officer
This incumbert will have experiences in palm oil plantation assessments, certification schemes and supply chains, and will be articulate and well-organised, as well as passionate about environmental and social issues.
The position is full-time and based in either TFT’s Jakarta or Semarang office with frequent travel required.
Reports to: TFT Program Oil Manager
· Collaboration and coordination with TFT staff working to carry out the responsibilities of the TFT Palm Oil Program, which are often dynamic in nature.
· Working as part of a team to advance the production and availability of responsibly-produced palm oil. This may include tasks such as palm oil supply chain mapping and assessments, evaluating plantations against standards, developing management and training recommendations for companies working toward certification, etc.
· Research and evaluate palm oil supply chains against responsible sourcing procedures and international certification standards (RSPO, ISPO, ISCC, etc)
· Coordination witth other NGO’s related to Palm Oil and land acquisition.
· Report writing, meeting documentation and communications
· Assessment of palm oil supply chain from the plantation to the refinery.
· Clear reports submitted on time, written in professional business language and requiring minimum editing before submitting to clients.
· Strong rapport and strategic collaboration with TFT palm oil program staffs.
· System for maintaining all information related to TFT Member suppliers.
· Regular updates related to certification requirements.
- Fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to understand technical environmental requirements.
- Ability to work with palm oil businesses on supply chain and certification issues
- Bachelor degree or higher in Natural Resource, Agriculture or Business-related fields
- Minimum eight years professional work experience in natural resource management, preferably within a palm oil company
- Understand environmental and social issues related to palm oil production
- Demonstrate ability to understand technical, environmental and social requirements
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office programme.
- Palm oil certification auditor accreditation (ISCC, ISPO and/or RSPO)
Send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.