Jhpiego, an international non-profit health organization affiliate of the Johns Hopkins University, builds global and local partnerships to enhance the quality of health care services for women and families around the world. Jhpiego is a global leader in the creation of innovative approaches to develop human resources for better health service.
Jhpiego/Indonesia implements the five-year USAID-funded Expanding Maternal & Newborn Survival program (EMAS) that seeks to reduce maternal and newborn mortality in Indonesia. It focuses on improving the quality of emergency obstetric and newborn care provided by hospitals and Puskesmas and on strengthening referral systems that transfer sick mothers and newborns between facilities. EMAS works in 30 districts/cities across 6 provinces.
In order to reach our goals, we are now recruiting some local based positions to be part of the EMAS team. The successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a dedicated team, with the added satisfaction of working for an organization committed to the Jhpiego vision and mission.
1.) Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager supports the Jakarta-based M&E Team in the implementation of the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) strategy for the EMAS Program. The M&E Manager provides support to the M&E Director in coordinating and overseeing the monthly and quarterly PMP-related reporting process. The M&E Manager ensures that facility-level and district-level data are collected, reported, cleaned and stored on time and according to standard operating procedures across the EMAS program. Additionally, the M&E Manager supports analysis and dissemination of PMP-related data on a regular basis to support the use of data for decision-making.
- Maintain an up-to-date version of the routine program monitoring M&E SOPs and ensure that data collection and reporting is consistent with the SOP guidance
- Develop job aids as needed, to support M&E staff with activities outlined in the SOPs
- Identify and trouble-shoot problems with routine program monitoring and reporting across all six provinces.
- Communicate with M&E Officers to ensure M&E activities at provincial and district levels are carried out per the M&E SOPs
- Ensure that the current version of routine data collection tools, e.g. registers, monthly summary sheets, clinical standard assessment forms etc., are used by program staff and are in alignment with the online monitoring system
- Support the implementation of an annual RDQA in a sample of facilities across each of EMAS’ supported districts. Develop and implement action plans and follow up activities according to identified data quality challenges.
- In collaboration with the central M&E team, coordinate the development and implementation of Data for Decision-Making workshops for EMAS-supported facilities and stakeholders
- Support the development, implementation and follow-up support for the standard registers and monthly data collection forms.
- Undertake monitoring visits to facilities and district offices to support field-based M&E team members and M&E work plan activities
- Develop and lead other activities and initiatives as needed to support routine program monitoring and evaluation
Qualifications, Skills, and Attributes:
- Masters degree in public health or equivalent is preferred
- S2 or equivalent experience is required
- Experience with health facility-based M&E preferred
- M&E experience and good knowledge of M&E approaches and tools is required
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a strong eye for detail.
- Prior experience working on a public health program
- Proactive performer with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, priorities, schedule and balance workloads
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Ability to travel nationally
- Experience in gender program
2). Quality Improvement Coordinator
- Mandailing Natal (North Sumatera)
- Blitar (East Java)
- Pasuruan (East Java)
The Expanding Maternal and Neonatal Services (EMAS) project is a five year USAID-funded project that seeks to reduce maternal and newborn mortality in Indonesia. It will focus on improving the quality of emergency obstetric and newborn care provided by hospitals and puskesmas and on strengthening regional referral systems that transfer sick mothers and newborns between facilities. Working closely with Districts Level with oversight by Provincial-based Clinical Mentor and Jakarta advisor, the Quality Improvement Coordinator will provide support and guidance to all EMAS supported to improve quality of Obstetric and neonatal care activities at the district level and will assist with implementation of specific EMAS Project activities including: High impact clinical intervention at facility level, quality improvement initiatives, onsite mentoring and training, near miss audits and maternal/perinatal death audits, and adaptation of training and mentoring materials as needed, ICT used to provide service and learning process, support strong clinical governance process . In addition, the MNH Clinical Coordinator will work together with district level EMAS staff to build relationships with regional facility staff, District Health Offices, local community organizations and community and professional leaders.
- Provide technical support in the area of MNH health at the district level as directed and consistent with overall EMAS project goals and objectives
- Ensure national and global best practices are incorporated into EMAS maternal and newborn health strategies and activities at the provincial and district level
- Assist in the implementation of quality improvement activities including workshops, facility assessments and ongoing monitoring of facility performance
- Assist in the implementation of facility based clinical governance activities including: Near Miss Audits, Death Audits, Dashboard Indicators, and clinical case reviews, service charter and service feedback mechanism at facilities.
- Assist in the identification of EmONC applied training and equipment needs at the facility level
- Assist in the provision of EmONC competency based training and on-the-job mentoring activities as needed
- Provide technical assistance to Health facility staff to implement good recording and data collection in term to improve service of obstetrics and neonatal care.
- Monitor quality improvement process for obstetric and neonatal care in health facilities.
- Prepared activities plan and reporting and other related document to support Emas project implementation.
- Support the ICT implementation to improve obstetric and neonatal service, health providers learning process and referral system at facility based.
- Participate in strategic meetings and planning exercises with Provincial and National staff
- Organize technical assistance visits by EMAS clinical advisory team, EMAS partners and consultants
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues and partners at the Provincial and National level, and participate in team activities as requested
- Compile technical reports as directed
- Work with EMAS staff to prepare and track progress of project activitiesQualifications
- Medical Doctor, Nurse or Midwife with Experience in MNH for 5 years.
- Well known and familiar with Indonesia heath system and health facility service.
- Experience in providing technical oversight to maternal and newborn health programs
- Strong leadership skills as well as technical capacity to support MNH service delivery at the hospital and puskesmas level
- Ability to conduct and monitor effective quality improvement, training and clinical mentoring activities in the hospital and puskesmas setting
- Experience working on NGO projects preferred
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation communication skills in Bahasa Indonesian and English
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and pressure to perform
- Ability to travel to designated districts and facilities within the province as needed
- Experience in gender program3). Administrative Assistant District
- Mandailing Natal (North Sumatera)
- Langkat (North Sumatera)
- Kota Semarang (Central Java)
The Administrative Assistant will perform a range of administrative tasks, and also acting as a Receptionist in Jhpiego’s Indonesia office, including communication and information management. Manage office operational in district, manage meeting, travel and schedule and general office support and work flow and assistance with special projects.
- Handle calls, mail and electronic communications; compose and type correspondence; and interface as appropriate to parties passing through or using the program office. Develop and maintain office filing systems; maintain library resources; take,prepare and distribute minutes from meetings
- Help Manage and prepare necessary material for meeting, conference calls, take, prepare and distribute minutes from meetings
- Organize travel arrangements for staff, including but not limited to booking flights, hotel reservations,transportation etc
- Handle and Responsible for petty cash requirements in district office and the maintenance of daily balance book
- Prepare the logistics of district office every month
- Maintain an efficient filing system of office and program documents.
- Assist and coordinate with PC and Program Staff as needed in workshops and training sessions
- Supporting program events with registration of participants, making advance request of event related expenditures and providing other logistict for event
- Collaborate and Provide technical assistance to/with the program staff in prepare budget for new activityimplementation
- Coordinate with program staff, in prepare advance request and reconciliation advance report
- Assist programs staff and partners to discuss financial and administrative issues problem faced
- Monitoring and review financial report against agreed program budgets to ensure validity of expenditure
- Ensure all program financial transactions are allowable, reasonable and allocable and within the established financial management policies of Jhpiego rules and policies guidelines
- Support FAO on preparing monthly general financial reports
- Manage and Maintain of all Assets, Procurement and Stationaries Stock
- Assist FAO in Plan and implement procurement activities and Ensure that appropriate procurement records such as all quotations, copies of records of expenditure, receipts and local order forms are kept and maintained in accordance with Procurement Manual
- Manage Jhpiego operational cars traffic and drivers log sheet, coordinate office operational activity
- Perform other administrative duties
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Graduate from secretarial or business studies
- Minimum 2 years experience in office administration
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Able to work methodically, accurately and neatly
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- Highly meticulous with excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work as part of a team
- Experience in gender program
4). Technical Assistance ICT (Part time Officer)
- Jakarta Office
- East Java : Tuban, Nganjuk
- South Sulawesi : Wajo
The Technical Assistance consultant will support the deployment and implementation of ICT. The successful candidate will work as part of a technical team at district, maintain moderate to complex solutions designed to improve maternal and neonatal and will facilitate the meetings with relevant stakeholders. This position requires the ability to work well in a team environment and excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Assist Provincial ICT-officer to facilitate the implementation of referral exchange system (SIJARIEMAS) inEMAS facilitated districts including attend meetings with local stakeholders.
- Working closely with Provincial ICT-officer to deliver training on the use of referral exchange (SIJARIEMAS).
- Coordinate with Provincial ICT-officer to ensure smooth implementation of the system including troubleshoot the technical problem as well as to identify the non-technical challenges.
- Support Provincial ICT- officer to build capacity of district level health officials in use of project supported technologies; including ensuring the SK of ICT team in hospital and the performance of ICT team in hospital
- Meet with appropriate counterparts at the provincial and district level to identify ways that the project can take advantage of ICT based on Provincial ICT- officer direction.
- Specific task :
- Routine conduct monitoring to ensure that all SIJARIEMAS application screen at PONED and hospital emergency department working and well connected to internet, users conducts data cleansing, users complete the full cycle of SIJARIEMAS.
- Identify and solved all barriers during operational of SIJARIEMAS in all EMAS health facilities, DTL, DHO and report regularly to Provincial ICT Officer.
- Conduct technical maintenance to SIJARIEMAS access unit at hospital and DHO as instructed by ICT Specialist.
- Ensure and monitor the implementation of the internal hospital SOP of SIJARIEMAS and publication is visible and accessible near SIJARIEMAS access unit at hospital and/or PONED.
- Assist Provincial ICT officer in facilitating the orientation of SIJRIEMAS in routine head of midwives / Puskesmas meetings, and other potential district meetings.
- Responsible for identifying and documenting activities such photos of activities (the best picture) to upload to SIJARIEMAS social media pages, success story at district.
- Representing provincial ICT-officer or if there are specific assignment from ICT Advisor.
- Monitor the performance of local ICT team in hospital/ districtQualifications:
- University degree or University Student at final semester in computer science or information system.
- 1-3 years experience working in ICT / IT;
- Demonstrated experience in trouble shooting technical problems on computer and network.
- Demonstrated experience in organizational capacity building and/or orientation;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Preferable candidates who live at assigned district
- Experience in gender program
5.) Program Coordinator Temporary
Location: - Semarang (Central Java)
The Program Coordinator will provide administrative support for program. She/He will work closely with Advisors, Program Managers and Finance staff to ensure close adherence to Jhpiego’s agreed upon work plans and overall scope of work.
Majors Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists Program Manager teams and work closely with finance staff in developing activity budget
- Coordinates meeting, workshop and training, including preparing logistic for participants
- Coordinates with advisors, program managers and finance staff in disbursement need based on activity budget
- Prepares travel authorization for staff, consultants and counterparts for activities and workshops
- Assists in transportation and hotel arrangement for staff, consultants and counterparts for their visit activities
- Work closely with finance staff in processing and reconciling of invoices and payment documentation
- Performs other duties as assigned by Program Manager teams and other technical team membersQualifications, Skills, and Attribute:
- Diploma in secretarial, administration or other related fields, with min 2 – 3 years experience in administration
- Strong ability to work and communicate within a team
- Practices knowledge of finances is an advantage
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written Indonesian language; English language proficiency preferred
- Computer skills demonstrating in competency in Microsoft office: Excell, MS word and Power point
- Ability to work independently and to exercise independent judgment
- Ability to ensure adherence to applicable laws and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality and professionalism
- Ability to work under pressure, priorities, schedule and balance workloads in the face of conflicting and uneven demandsPlease e-mail cover letter, CV, and indicate the position of interest in the subject of your email.Email address : IndonesiaHumanResources@jhpiego.orgVacancy will be closed two weeks of this advertisement.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.