HARD-WORKING, MOTIVATED, MULTILINGUAL TALENT WITH A PASSION FOR SOCIAL IMPACT? APPLY HERE.
Kopernik is an exciting, fast-growing, cutting-edge organisation tackling technology distribution challenges. We emphasise a hybrid philanthropy-business model in achieving our mission - different from the traditional charity approach of giving away goods and services for free.
Our team works tirelessly to put the last mile first. Our culture shapes the way we work. We value action, we get things done, we are open and transparent in everything we do, and we always look for ways to innovate. We come to work with a smile, which is easy when a strict no jerks policy applies.
We are recruiting a highly talented, motivated, creative Communications Manager to lead Kopernik’s communications team, working to engage and excite target audiences, mobilising support to help Kopernik serve more people in the last mile.
- At least 7 years work experience, with at least three years in a similar role supervising others.
- Degree in relevant discipline.
- Experience developing and implementing communications strategies, plans and creative campaigns.
- Superior oral and written communication skills in English and Indonesian.
- Strong visual communication skills and ability to apply brand guidelines to print and digital materials.
- Strong analytical skills, and ability to draw out compelling stories from impact data.
- Ability to work quickly and deliver projects to tight deadlines.
- Fully computer literate and tech savvy, knowledge of design, video and photo-editing software an advantage.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Budget management experience.
- Positive attitude, hard working, reliable, motivated, and passionate about social impact.
- Clear understanding of social entrepreneurship, experience working in fields related to social innovation or women’s empowerment an advantage.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- High level interpersonal skills and the capacity to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels and to engage a wide range of stakeholders;
- Ability to perform to a high level under limited supervision.
- Indonesian national.
- Ensure Kopernik’s communications strategy aligns with the organisation’s mission and goals.
- Design, implement and evaluate program-level communications plans to reach target audiences.
- Manage Kopernik’s communications platforms to ensure website and social media channels are updated regularly and reflect key messages.
- Manage preparation and production of communications materials including annual reports, monthly newsletters, announcements, donor reports, media releases, flyers, brochures, videos, infographics, and marketing collateral.
- Manage Kopernik’s advocacy program.
- Manage and motivate the communications team (Web Developer, Advocacy Officer, Communications Officers) to produce their best work.
- Encourage an active culture of information-sharing and storytelling within the Kopernik team.
- Represent Kopernik at high-level events.
- Manage the communications budget.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE JULY 5TH 2015
Please send your CV, cover letter and one minute video explaining why you're perfect for the job via our online application form. http://kopernik.info/page/careers
Applicants who are interviewed successfully could be expected to complete a test to demonstrate the necessary skills.