Islamic Relief Indonesia seeks a self-motivated, serious and career oriented professional who is eager to grow with the organization and sensitive to the humanitarian cause and core values of Islamic Relief.
ISLAMIC RELIEF PURPOSE:
To promote sustainable economic and social development through development programmes, helping the needy regardless of race, religion or gender.
Islamic Relief is a UK based charity that seeks to alleviate the sufferings of the world’s poorest people. The Indonesia programme was established in 2003 to deliver emergency relief and developmental activity in disaster prone and impoverished areas. Since then the agency implemented multi - sectoral programme in Banda Aceh, Banten, West Java, Jogjakarta, NTB and West Sumatera.
Presently IR is implementing a child welfare programme in Aceh and rolling out an integrated sustainable development programme in NTB. The Indonesia programme is managed by Jakarta based country office that provides administrative, programmatic and financial oversight to the field offices.
Post holder reports to : NTB Area Coordinator
Islamic Relief Indonesia seeks on dynamic professional to vacant position of Admin and Logistic Officer. The Admin and Logistic Officer is responsible for providing Administration and Logistic functions to ensuring the accountable and effective management for the overall project support department in line with Islamic Relief policies and procedures, also responsible for day-to-day Admin and Logistic activities, including staff supervision.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Negotiate and maintain lease agreement and liaise with land-lords for official premises
· Ensure that IRI offices maintain a pleasant environment to work in and that all office equipment and facilities working properly.
· Maintain adequate levels of office supplies at all times and ensuring proper functioning of office equipment.
· Liaise with vendors, contractors; obtain outside services such for office and its equipment maintenance
· Process supplies of printing materials for Official letterhead, envelope, name cards, invoice, etc.) And ensure that sufficient supplies are available. .
· Maintain filing document/Archiving
· As required, provide administrative support and oversight the field offices
· Assist in any other duties that may be assigned
· Prepare the daily schedule and allocation of Drivers / vehicle usage
· Set up accounts with supplier for printing, travelling, hotel reservations, rent a car in a project areas etc.
· Responsible for travel booking requests both national and international, Facilitate and maintain visa/ IMTA/ KITAS update for delegates
Filling & Communication
· Design, establish, and maintain a central filing system for the office.
· Maintaining record of incoming and outgoing letter
· Maintaining incoming and outgoing phone and faxes
· Organizing official event (guest arrangement, meeting arrangement, maintaining guest book, greeting the guest. Etc)
· Draft correspondence, prepare invitation, arrange reception and organize logistic for events (seminars, workshops, etc.) as needed.
· As required, provide interpretation and translation services
Stock and supplies
· Provide, maintain the stock and the record of office supplies
· Vehicle management
· Responsible for up-dating vehicle logbooks for maintenance and control purpose.
· Records of fuel use in vehicles.
· Check / prepare reports on the condition of the vehicles and ensure cleanliness along with the driverconcerned.
· Assist the maintenance and periodic repairs on vehicles complete with documentation record.
· Responsible for updating the vehicle insurance
Security, Cleaner and Driver
· Supervise the work of Security, Office Cleaner and Drivers.
· Monitor the Security Personnel activities
· Checks Security logbook for matters to be follow-up and control purpose
· Manage the completion and submission Time Sheet / Overtime of supports staff
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
· Minimum of 3 years experience in Administrative Management
· At least some experiences in Admin and Logistic, preferably with an international NGO
· Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
· Proficiency in English and Bahasa written and spoken.
· Computer skills (MS Word and Excel)
· Good communication skills
· An ability to work under pressure and within a complex and insecure environment
· Able to work in a multi-lingual and cross-cultural environment.
· Respect for confidentiality and commitment to Islamic Relief overall aims and objectives, including gender, equality and equal opportunities in all aspects of Islamic Relief’s work.
· Initiative, flexibility and ability to work in a team.
· Ability to understand & interpret organizational policies/procedures.
· Attention to detail and ability to produce accurate work.
· Good personal organization and supervisory skills
· Good presentation/interpersonal skills.
All Islamic Relief team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field project
If you meet the above requirements kindly send ONLY your Application letter and detailed CV including recommendations from 3 referees (one of them your immediate former employer) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the job title and your name in subject of your email. This position is local hire.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 23 June 2015