The USAID project Prioritazing Reform, Innovation and Opportunities for Reaching Indonesia’sTeachers, Administrators, and Students (PRIORITAS) is focusing on capacity building and quality improvements for teacher training institutions (TTI) and for non-academic, pre-serviceteacher training providers. PRIORITAS is building the capacity of schools and MoEC, MORA national, provincial and district offices together with pre- and in-service teacher training organizations to coordinate, plan and train.
The project is expanding into Papua province in early 2014. The focus of the project in Papua is to be more limited than that in other provinces with an emphasis on primary education and basic literacy.
The PRIORITAS is currently seeking qualified individual to fill the position
Finance and Admin Assistant
This position will be based in Manokwari, Papua
The Finance and Admin Assistant's responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Technical Advisor in running daily operation of finance and admin department in provincial level;
- Responsible to process (review and pay) travel expenses report (TER) and workshop expenses report (WER);
- Responsible to input financial data into QuickBooks and prepare month-end reporting package (prelimary, final and reconciliation package);
- Responsible to follow up staff’s advances clearance;
- Ensure that all transactions are properly documented and approved according to the supporting documents matrix;
- Provide assistance to the technical staff for the preparation, during and after the activity (meeting, training, etc), such as provide assistance in making the honoraria payment, M&IE, transport, etc;
- Responsible to report any tax related matters (Consultant’s tax, Rental Tax, VAT) to National Office Jakarta, including sending the required supporting documents for tax reporting and VAT exemption process;
- Maintain filing system (hard-copy) and scanning the required supporting documents into QuickBooks;
- Maintain asset data base;
- Prepare letters and/or invitations in both Indonesia and English for different level clients in an effective and efficient manner;
- Assist Technical Advisor in bidding process, procurement documents preparation, and receiving items;
- Assist Technical Advisor in inventory process and maintaining asset data base;
- Provide a cordial and responsive written and verbal communication service to both external and internal PRIORITAS clients for program and administrative matters;
- Support workshop preparation including dealing with stakeholder to make sure well service and follow the protocol;
- Any other duties that may be assigned by Technical Advisor.
- Min. D3 Degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in the field of finance or admin
- Having experience in USAID project is preferable
- Able to work under tight deadlines and managing priorities
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
- High standard of personal and professional integrity
- Proficient in MS Excel and working knowledge of Quickbooks accounting software is preferable
- Preferably able to communicate in both native language and English (written and spoken)
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications not later than June 16, 2015 to:prioritas-vacancy-Jakarta@rti-indomd.rti.org
All candidates are requested to write down the position and name in subject line of email and specify their availability date in the CV. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.