Recruitment Ref : ACFID/HRREC.004/WASH-KU/VI/2015
Founded in 1979, ACF International (Action Against Hunger) is an international non governmental, non religous, and non profit making organization that delivers programmes in over 40 countries. Recognized worldwide as a leader in the fight against hunger, our mission is to save lives through the prevention, detection, and treatment of malnutrition, especially during and after emergency situations and conflicts. ACF had been now developed into ACF International network with headquarters in France, Spain, Canada, UK and USA.
ACF has been active in the NTT district since 2007 since its first established in 1999 in Indonesia in cooperation and partnership with the Ministry of Health, local authorities and stakeholders. Around 40 networks have benefited from a renovation, as have water sources and wells. In the Kupang District, ACF now implements a range of integrated community based programs in Nutrition and Care practices, Food Security, Water Sanitation & Hygiene, Emergency response and DRR/Climate Change Adaptation going from relief to recovery in order to address effectively the population’s needs.
Currently, ACF is developing an innovative design treadle pump to ensure households are able to access water and irrigate crops, while conserving water. This along with the developing ram pump of which ACF has been the sole constructor continue to lead to improvement in water access, especially for remote areas, where electricity and petrol driven pumps are expensive and unsustainable. Therefore, ACF project is to support the capacity of ACF in NTT province to be able to show its innovative design will contribute to address the water related needs of the population. To actualize this, ACF is now seeking a good candidate to fill the position of:
“WASH Field Monitor”
Educational / Professional Background :
Engineer Diploma or related field.
Experience in WASH
Required Competence & Skills :
Competence in the fields of water, sanitation and hygiene – Planning of activities – Ability to communicate – Flexible – Dynamic – Good organizational capacity –– Good knowledge of the intervention area – Technical skill water system construction - Motorbike driving license and riding experience
General Objectives of the position :
Mobilize the community and Ensure the sustainability of ACF the WASH project and support of building of local capacities to self manages the water systems after project completion.
Objective 1 : Contribute to indentifying beneficiary communities of the project and the implementations :
- Co-organize the planning of surveys ;
- Plan the activities of social mobilization and promotion of hygiene;
- Monitors the implementation and adjustment of water facilities construction and facilitates the process to update and change them;
Objective 2 : Standardize and coordinate O&M procedures together with the BP-SPAMS and local authorities :
- Creating and monitors the implementation and adjustment of water fees, local management rule of BP-SPAMS.
- Support of training updates of BP-SPAMS
- Monitors the work of the BP-SPAMS in the field, the maintenance of water points ;
- Settles routines and procedures for daily O&M
- Makes sure the community approach is integrated in the project’s other sectors ;
- Writes weekly activity plans and reports for the Program Manager
- Participates in the weekly team meetings.
Objective 3 : Represent the organization to community:
- Develop contacts with community leaders and key persons to explain and promote the project ;
- Represent the Organization as the intermediary to BP-SPAMS.
Objective 3 : Data collection about BP-SPAMS and facilities
- Collects data about BP-SPAMS and facilities
- Follow up disruptions on water supply and identifies possible solutions and alternatives.
Objective 4 : Report
Send activity progress report on weekly and monthly report (oral and written, according to the possibilities) to WASH Program Manager
Please submit your letter of interest and recent CV with at least two references to :firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15 June 2015
Please put the title on your application. Only short list cand id ates will be contacted.