Chemonics International Inc.
Higher Education and Leadership Management Project (HELM)
Chemonics International Inc. seeks qualified Indonesian personnel for the USAID Higher Education Leadership and Management (HELM) project in Indonesia. Position is noted below the project background description.
The USAID/HELM project was awarded to Chemonics International onNovember 28, 2011. Chemonics implements HELM with support from partners: the Indiana University Alliance; JBS International Inc.,Aguirre Division; and the University of Kentucky (UKY). The five yearproject was designed to support Indonesia’s Higher Education (HE) sector in increasing its quality and relevance through improved focus on administration and management capacity. In partnership with theMinistry of Education and Culture (MoEC) and the Directorate General of Higher Education (DIKTI), HELM provides technical assistance, training, and additional support to strengthen the leadership capacityand increase effectiveness in the following four core management areas:
1. General administration and leadership
2. Financial management
3. Quality assurance
4. Collaboration with external stakeholders
HELM works in close collaboration with DIKTI and, by Year 3, partnerswith 50 Indonesian Higher Education Institutions (HEI). The project isdesigned to address the USAID Education sub-intermediate result,“increased management capacity of Indonesian Higher Education Institutions” which contributes to the intermediate result “improvedquality of higher education” under the over-arching assistanceobjective: “students better prepared for success in learning and work.”
The Bookkeeper will be responsible for the following:
1. Maintaining the project’s accounting file system, ensuring all vouchers are in order, complete, correct, have bank slips/copy of checks and other required supporting documents attached and scanned completely.
2. Assisting Finance Assistant to maintain accurate Finance File Index systems to ensure compliance with auditing practices.
3. Assisting Finance Assistant to prepare documentation for payment transactions included but not limited to advances, petty cash voucher, in-house transfer, checks and transfer form. Ensuring all transaction is supported with proper and complete back up documents and in alignment with Chemonics and USAID standard procedures.
4. Assisting Finance Assistant to enter financial transactions into the correct account billing code and the correct CLINs and prepare Abacus coding sheet for posting purposes.
5. Assisting Finance Assistant to prepare coding sheet and journal entries for posting purposes in Abacus.
6. Assisting Finance Officer to prepare payment transaction in Citidirect (Citibank online banking).
7. Complying with all HELM project policies and procedures as noted in the Indonesia Country Policy Manual and FACT Manual and SOP Training.
8. Performing other duties as requested by Senior Finance Manager or his/her designee.
Supervision and Reporting
The Bookkeeper will report directly to the Senior Finance Manager.
Duration of Assignment
This is a long-term, full-time position an annual approved level of effort of no more than 260 days for each project year. The employment agreement will be renewed on an annual basis following a positive performance evaluation. The HELM project began on November 28, 2011 and ends on November 30, 2016.
1. Bachelor Degree in Accounting is a must.
2. Minimum 1 year working experience as an accountant in USAID project or other International Donor experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and also experience with accounting software programs such as QuickBooks and Abacus preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia required.
- Must possess excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to work well on teams.
- Must be interested in working with a multi-cultural, international team in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Application submission instructions:
Interested applicants for this position are requested to send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 19 June 2015. Please indicate the position in the subject line. Only the strongest candidates will be contacted. No telephone inquiries.