The Nature Conservancy is a conservation organization working around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people.
Currently we are searching for a qualified candidate to fill the position of:
DIRECTOR OF PHILANTHROPY
The Director of Philanthropy is responsible for increasing funding from high net-worth individuals through effective identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. S/he understands and applies complex principles of developing donor strategies and builds strong relationships with a portfolio of new donors and prospects. S/he is responsible for all aspects of a highly successful membership program, including strategic planning and growth; providing a significant base of unrestricted annual support and donor cultivation; providing excellent benefits and services; developing effective marketing strategies and programs and improving member renewal, retention, upgrades and acquisition.
Specific duties include:
· Identify, cultivate, solicit, steward and retain qualified prospects and donors. Manage a portfolio of approximately 200 qualified relationships, and apply a moves management approach to the portfolio, with a custom cultivation strategy for each donor. Time allocation is 40% for cultivation, 30% for solicitation and 30% for relationship management.
· Establish a strategic and systematic focus on closing multi-year commitments from high net-worth individuals.
· Strategically engage board members, organization executives and current donors in peer prospect identification, visits and closings.
· Routinely network with corporate executives and interact with high-net worth individuals for the purpose of cultivating personal relationships and developing personal giving. Collaborate with colleagues when corporate giving interests are expressed.
· Work collaboratively to analyze portfolios and strategize upgrades and to cultivate individual gifts from corporate partner executives.
· Demonstrate a keen sense of curiosity for donors - seeking to "crack the code" of what compels each donor to give substantially by asking the right questions - and able to personally adapt as needed to meet the needs of donors.
· Sucessfully align partner interests with TNC's strategy and demonstrate a strong value proposition. Convincingly articulate the unique selling proposition.
The Director of Philanthropy’s work will initially cover Jakarta and six other major cities starting FY18. Each fiscal year, s/he is expected to travel overseas once/twice for work and also do a field visit to remote areas each quarter. S/he will help build his/her team which will consist of 2-4 members. The Director of Philanthropy will report directly to Indonesia Country Director.
· Ability to design and implement fundraising strategies, including cultivation, solicitation and recognition strategies.
· Ability to determine an individual’s interests, capacity and potential for helping the Conservancy meet its goals, and act appropriately to tie those interests with the Conservancy’s work.
· Ability to educate and inform prospective and existing donors about appropriate giving vehicles.
· Advanced knowledge of complex charitable gift planning.
· Demonstrated experience using listening, diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships and motivate donors and volunteers.
· Proven ability to negotiate complex, high profile or sensitive agreements.
· Someone who love the outdoors preferred.
Please send your CV and application letter to email@example.com, not later than February 16, 2015. Please insert: Director of Philanthropy in your email subject.