Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts. The focus of its systemic intervention in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact works to enable access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation.
The foundation is based in Zurich, Switzerland, and is active in 29 countries and has some 750 employees.
The SCPP is a large Public Private Partnership (“PPP”) in Indonesia which has started in January 2012. The Program is financed by the Swiss Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO, The Sustainable Trade Initiative IDH, the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, and five Private Sector Companies from the cocoa sector for the duration from 2012 – 2015. The Program works directly with 60,000 cocoa farming households in six Indonesian Provinces to improve farm productivity and livelihood conditions.
For our Swisscontact SCPP-Program in Indonesia, we are looking for :
MRM and GIS Assistant
Begin of Employment : February 2015 or as agreed
Place of Duty : in Medan, North Sumatera, Indonesia (1 person)
- The MRM and GIS Assistant will be responsible for data integrity and proper maintenance of the GIS data for Program Monitoring and Result Measurement, as well as management of SCPP beneficiary documentation
- Responsible for data input, reporting, and maintaining GIS database system including SCPP WEBGIS.
- Responsible for regular data cleaning for all data in SCPP GIS database for regions. Especially to check inaccurate, incomplete, and irrelevant data. Also ensuring free data duplication and quality data sources.
- Responsible for collecting GPS coordinates based on requirement.
- Support the program team with daily tasks
- Degree in GIS, Math, Statistic, IT, computer science, remote sensing
- Familiar with data collection, entry and maintenance Practical experience in using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is essential
- Intermediate level of English
- Working knowledge with computer sciences or related technical field Detail oriented Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality outputs on time Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality outputs on time
- Good interpersonal skills and commitment to working in a team
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on February 13th, 2015 at the latest to:
Swisscontact, Human Resources Unit, The Vida Building, 5th floor, Jl. Raya Perjuangan No. 8, Kebon Jeruk – Jakarta Barat 11530 , Tél. +62 21 2951 0200
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview